glad to have found this

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epileric

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you might have guessed I'm Eric & I'm glad to have found this site so thank you Bernard for having posted a link to it. I like the way the board is divided into the various rooms for various discussions & look forward to seeing more of what everyone has to say.

As for me, I was born with petit mal epilepsy but discovered when I was 18 that if I didn't take my AED's I would get a grand mal. I've only had about 6 GM seizures so far (I'm now 47) but have always had a seizure every day or 2. Until recently I've accepted that as life but in the last couple of months my neurologist has found a combination of AED's that reduced them to once or twice a week. The post ictal stage of these seizures has been worse but it feels great to not have them every day or 2.

peace.gif

Welcome Eric

Glad you found us. Kick off your shoes, make yourself at home!

I just found this website today. It's been really helpful already. = ) Welcome!

:hello: Eric and :hello: Kate!

Glad to see the both of you making
yourselves a home here in CWE!
The more the merrier!

:woot:

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I'm glad you decided to join us here. Make yourself at home. :)

Wow, been here less than an hour & already I feel right comfortable here.

Thanks everyone

Hi Eric, WELCOME!
(I have an Eric too... but he is 18 )

I also have a Rebecca, who is 16 and has Tonic Clonic seizures. At least 30+ over the last 1.5 yrs.
I am so glad that you are finding something that is showing signs of working for you. At least that is something. We are on the fourth med for Rebecca, and darn it...I think this one actually has caused more. That's no good...

Glad you joined us, it is a great group, and tons of reading material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom