Going out of my mind? New here, need a lil help, MUCH appreciated!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BuckeyeFan,
Thank you so much. I tried to tell my doctor that I have these "Auras" happen, like quite a few times in a day, some worse than others, like the one yeaterday, that scared me. I am SO glad it didnt happen to go into the other part, because I was alone, and it started in the shower! ( Well, right before, but worse in the shower) I cant believe how even those just make me SO tired! Thank you for your kind words. I DO hope to hear back from you. :)

Krissy,

If your doctor is not considering the auras as seizures, you definitely need to move on to a REAL neuro. I put up with auras for years because my doctors told me they were simply warning signs, not seizures. When my current Neuro heard this, he stated "OUR" goal would be absolutely no seizures and that included auras. We have not been 100%, but the last 5 years have been much better.

We are here for you anytime.

:cheers: (no coffee, but how about some hot chocolate)

There's a company called ID on Me....the bracelets there are inexpensive and durable. Let me see if I can find the site.....

Try the medic alert site. Mine cost me like $20. I admit My insurance company paid for lifetime membership since they were the ones that pet me in the hospital for 10 days on a medication oops ( they got off cheap, believe me) but the piece of mind is priceless!!

BuckeyeFan,
Thank you. LMAO about the coffee joke. :)) Yea, I had been spending most of the day like that. I had Auras, like every little while throughout the day, and I didnt realize it. Then last night again, I am having trouble sleeping. UGH! ON top of that, I am trying to figure out what meds I can take over the counter for a throat/sinus infection. I feel nasty,lol. Well, I hope you have a great evening.:)

YOU CAN GET A MEDIC ALERT BRACLET AT YOUR PHARMACY { DRUG STORE}. THEY SHOULD HAVE PAPER THERE YOU CAN TAKE HOME AND MAKE CHOOSE WHICH ONE YOU WANT, AND WHAT YOU WANT IT TO SAY. MINE SAYS EPILEPIC, MY NAME ,ADRESS, DOCTOR NAME, PHONE NUMBER, THAT ALL ON THE FRONT. NOT MANY PEOPLE EVEN RECONIZE IT, THEY THINK IT A WATCH OF SOME KIND. IT IS SIVER WITH LINK CHAIN. DID NOT COST MUCH { 12 DOLLARS- GOT IT OVER 15 YEARS AGO}. DO HAVE A LIST OF ALL MEDS. I TAKE AND ANY MEDS OR ANYTHING I AM ALLERGIC TO. { THIS I CARRY ITH ME, GOT PAPER FORM FROM MY DOCTOR}.yOU SHOULD ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THEY HAVE ANY SMALL FORM SO YOU CAN WRITE ALL MEDS AND MEDS YOU ALLERGIC TO ON IT TO CARRY AROUND, IN CASE SOMETHING HAPPEN AND YOU CAN NOT SPEACK, THEY WILL SEE THAT AND WHAT MEDS YOU CAN AND CANNOT TAKE.

NANCY

Back
Top Bottom