Greetings

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

New
Reaction score
Hello everybody! My name is Gail and I have a 19 year old son with refractive Grand Mal epilepsy. He had his first seizure at age 16. We've failed many of the AED's in the past 3 years. Still trying..still praying. I have to say that I admire the strength and determination that I see in you guys. So glad I found this forum - my future soulmates I hope :) Thanks and take care, Gail

Hello, I hope your son gets better, but in fact he is very young and growing, be patient. Lots of love.

Hi and welcome to the boards . I have epilepsy 41 yrs and in the past 1 yr and half ran out of meds to take and have been on homeopathy med for the epilepsy. The last month started the Gard diet and dropped my last 25 mgs of mysoline. I am now discovering me without meds. My motto is never give up!!!!!!!!!! Just keep looking and trying and believing that you will find away!!!!!! I did , you will too!!!!!!!
Riva

Welcome Gail.

Maybe you can get your son to visit the boards. There is a vast amount of knowledge and support to be had in these types of message boards. He will find there are about 3,000,000 others in the US who have epilepsy too!

:hello: Gail!

Glad you've found your way here, and
so sorry to hear about your son, however
I hope you will find support and some insight
and information links here at CWE!

Hi Gail,

Welcome! Tell your son welcome also. I've gotta run fix my kids dinner, but I'll be back on the forum soon.

Love, Stace

Gail,
I too have a 19 yr. old with epilepsy. His doctor told us that as he gets older and his brain is fully developed that we may see less of his seizures. Amazingly the past 2 1/2 months he's been seizure free.I can't remember the last time he went that long seizure free. We don't talk much about it because we're afraid we'll jinx it. We know we have no control over it but continue to hope for the best. He wants to date but is somewhat concerned how others will feel.
Marian

Thanks

:) Thanks for all your replies to my intro. post (except to the SPAMMER, kaneweber, who sent me a pm - mister, you really need to get a life). I appreciate the support and information from all of you. Gail

Hi Gail,
Welcome, My daughter has had seizures for a year and we had a three month break where I was sure I had everything figured out...
She had another one today. Mostly TC

Hi Robin, I am so sorry that your daughter had another seizure. I always feel like someone kicked me in the stomach when that happens. Life seems to return to 'normal' for awhile and then we are cruelly reminded that there is no 'normal.'
I used to mock the One Day at a Time saying. Now it makes complete sense!!
HUGS.
Gail

Sorry to hear about the seizure Robin. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom