Greetings!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks! :) I hope they do.

and did you mean "ni hao" ?

Actually, my intention was to say the word for "hello". My friend visits China on occasion for business and, he often speaks the language. Per my best recollection, I thought Mee-how is the phonetic spelling for the greeting. My apologies if I got that one wrong.

Btw, congrats on your language lessons. Keep up the good work. Pretty soon you'll have your own room in this forum that will be language specific.

Perhaps you could write your story and send it to ? - surgeons and see if a kind soul would be willing to volunteer their time. Worst case scenario is that they say No.

Aaleayha, Nǐ hǎo :)

I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

I think Robin's suggestion is a really wonderful idea. One you would consider?

Chazu is thinking of you.

Nǐ hǎo Chazu,

thanks. I'm not doing so good still. pain is a constant it seems. I'll have to try something but I hate making people anger or frustrated at me doing things. I mean, my mom hates freebies... X_X I can't type this in public.

Thanks for thinking about me today :D

Nǐ hǎo princess, we are talking about YOUR well being, and that comes as No1..and well, sometimes we will piss of others, only for them to turn around later to say, you were right :). YOUR well being princess.

Have you reported this to your doctor? Have you spoken to any medical professional about the pain you are suffering?

We can't afford anything prescribed. Just asked my mom. We're already $70 short on rent, we have to eat sparingly and my meds are going to run out soon. So I just have to take like 12 Tylenol a day. Or else I sleep all day. No I haven't but I've had other unbearable pain before (PMSS) and they wouldn't do anything, despite my agony. i don't think this would be any different -_-

I ran the idea's by my mother. She just laughed and said it wouldn't likely happen.

-headdesk- not a good day.

Last edited:
ee, I don't even have insurance but I think I printed it out before and my mother never took it in for me (she's the only one who can drive). I'll have to reprint it. 谢谢 for the link. :)

你的朋友
Nǐ de péngyǒu
Your friend, Aalea

Hi Aalea - I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Its a shame that there isnt a program out there somewhere that could help you. Is your hospital a non-profit? I know some of our hospitals here are and there are services available for those who don't have insurance, they pay a portion of the bill based on income and then the hospital writes the rest off. The patient assistance program that Chaz spoke of, if your mom is unwilling to send it off is there somebody here on the forum that could maybe fill it out and send it for you? Thats what we are here for yes? To help and support the others in the community. I would be more than happy to do it for you if its something that I can do. I think its remarkable that you are learning a new language! I don't have the patience or the determination LOL. My great grandmother and my grandfather tried to teach me Italian and I failed misserably. Keep up the good spirit.

Having NO insurance is one of the requirements you must meet to request this assistance. So for once, it could be a benefit.

The form can be completed at home and can be posted.

With the exception of your doctors signature I would think your Mom can help provide all the necessary. It is a simple form.

Not sure if you have any income. There is a telephone number you can call if no proof of income can be provided, so if your Mom will not/cannot help then you could call the number to ask for advice.

See you gave me a lesson for today :)

Hi Aalea - I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Its a shame that there isnt a program out there somewhere that could help you. Is your hospital a non-profit? I know some of our hospitals here are and there are services available for those who don't have insurance, they pay a portion of the bill based on income and then the hospital writes the rest off. The patient assistance program that Chaz spoke of, if your mom is unwilling to send it off is there somebody here on the forum that could maybe fill it out and send it for you? Thats what we are here for yes? To help and support the others in the community. I would be more than happy to do it for you if its something that I can do. I think its remarkable that you are learning a new language! I don't have the patience or the determination LOL. My great grandmother and my grandfather tried to teach me Italian and I failed miserably. Keep up the good spirit.

Thanks, the only thing I need is the doctors signature. And thanks, the key word is TRY. It's hard but I'm slowly getting it. It's just the memory bit that I'm having trouble with because my memory is really bad atm.

As far as hospitals... no there isn't. at least not one that will do surgery.

Yup I'm feeling a bit better today chaz. I have art to keep my mind occupied for the moment. And that makes me ... mm, numb. And I try! hahaha one more for today before I go sleep my meds off, I think!

妈妈,爸爸,哥哥,弟弟,姐姐,妹妹,奶奶,爷爷,
Māmā,Bà ba,Gēgē, Dìdì,Jiejie,Mèimei,Nǎinai,Yéye
mama, papa, older brother, little brother, older sister, little sister, grandma, grandpa

I'm younger then you so you would call me:
小阿雷亚 (Xiǎo àléiyā) little Aalea

Xiǎo àléiyā

U r feeling a bit better today, music to the ears...thank goodness.

The key word is DOING :) and do you certainly can.

I have - yi Jiejie and san Mèimei (how do you write and?)

Kaitybugsmom , hello, your sheer kindness is warming.

你有一个姐姐和三个妹妹。
Nǐ yǒu yīgè jiejie hé sān gè mèimei.
you have an one older sister and three younger sisters.

我有一个旧的同父异母姐姐。
Wǒ yǒu yīgè jiù de tóng fù yì mǔ jiejie.
I have an older half-sister.

:) yeah, Probably because I've been sleeping it off but... I have more worrying news that might come to pass in a few days. It's making me worried.

Last edited:
thanks. Not having a god day. Head pain. I might have to go to bed early.

Nǐ hǎo xiǎo àléiyā,

I am so sorry....are you feeling any better?

Are you going to run out of your medication?

Chazu is thinking of you.

Nǐ hǎo Chazu

I'm doing better but I slept almost all night and day. I think it's depression, really. I am trying to step up more and try to get disability and stuff. But it's hard for me to do these things. Harder then for most. Because I don't understand half the things they are talking about so i need a helper to translate it. Then when I do talk, because of these new problems, I talk weird and I get so frustrated my helper (mom) has to talk for me.

我很傷心。 我很沮喪。
Wǒ hěn shāngxīn. Wǒ hěn jǔsàng.
I am sad. I am very frustrated.

~Aalea

Nǐ hǎo xiǎo àléiyā,

I am so sorry you feeling shāngxīn, jǔsàng.

Do you know of a local Epilepsy support group that you go to? Do you leave the house alone? Or always someone with you?

Chazu thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom