Happy Holidays Everyone!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonialpha

New
Reaction score
I have had a seizure disorder since puberty. I have two brain surgeries. Plus a VNS and battery replacement. My focus is in the left temporal lobe near my speech center. The last time I was monitored they noted my focus was in the post. temporal lobe. While the MRI indicated some other questionable findings. I have flurries frequently and the doc has me on 02 along w/ Keppra, Zonegran, Klonopin and Diazepam Intensol. Shanon told me about this group. It looks informative.
I used to be in research at UCLA as a neurodiagnostic technician and now I am raising teenagers! That is the short of the story.

Hi Toni ~ I'm glad to meet you.

I've had two brain surgeries too. What were yours about?

Hi Toni, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Hi Toni - Welcome
We are in SoCA as well. Tried UCLA for my daughter and was disappointed to put it mildly. Now we are at USC.

My first surgery was at UCLA and the did leave residew (sp) sec, surg. cleaned up the area but found out my Wernicke's was involved along w/ areas were residue was left in the frontal area and one part of the post. temp. area and now live in the East Coast. My husband worked at USC and I went there when we got married. Saw an old Resident from UCLA there and now he is back at UCLA. I did research in Dementia work-ups.

My first surgery was to control temporal lobe surgeries. In the left temporal lobe in the anterior temporal lobe. The second was to clean up the first surgery and be more detailed and help control my status or flurry attacks. It helped. I still have flurries. I do not drive. The put in a VNS in 2000. They are thinking of a 4th surgery. I am hoping for a medication that will work.

snowman_7.gif

Welcome tonialpha

You are the second person to register today with VNS!
I just had mine removed two weeks ago. WHOO-HOO! :rock: I was implanted Sept 2002 and had it shut off Dec 2003 because of a nightmare of side effects.
And you mentioned something I am very much interested in, the dementia. My husband suffers from this insidious malady and the VA is NO help what-so-ever.

:hello: Toni!

Happy Holidays to you too!
And welcome to CWE!

:D

They are thinking of a 4th surgery. I am hoping for a medication that will work.

Have you looked into EEG neurofeedback, diets or CBT? Check out the chart in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom