Has anyone's doctors ever taken away all their medication?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hiya! Just been reading this (because I was looking for co-codamol v seizures) & had to stick my nose into your thread. I've been on dihydrocodine for yonks now....I'm getting pain in my joints. What's bothering me, is that if I've ran out of them, I'll take normal co-codamol until I pick up my next prescription. Now.....these crappy painkillers actually make me have more fits! & when I've asked my chemist what the difference was between the 2, he said there wasn't one & it must be all in my head?!? Seems strange that when I do get my dihydrocodine, everything is fine. Of course all drs would say that long term use of these painkillers can lead to addiction, but I believe we only live once & I'm not going to go through the rest of my life in immense pain just because of some drs morals. You know your own body, so some book which dictates what/when/how any tablet (esp painkillers) should be used as a precaution on the drs part, he/she should also spend more time listening to you as well. Everyone is different. :)

I have same situation as you.i take dihydrocodine 60 mg twice three times a day..my pain is awful and I not going around cracked up in pain as you say one life..I been on it for many years and they work.i had see practice nurse and we ended up having a row she said try something less stronger patronzing do Gooder..I well aware I addicted to it but don't really care because it negates my pain.
If people need be stoic or new age stuff then get on with it and allow us less mortals take pain killers that allows us have life..I also take sleeping pills if I don't my sz get bad if I don't sleep.
I hate the looks I get from chemist nurse think I weak willed addict well week in my shoe for a week maybe changed there mind..honey with you all the way.i dread going to dr for scrip incase he stops it the day will come but responsible for my body leave me carry on

Same here Seagull. Why do we have to feel like we're junkies? They shouldn't get all upperty over what we take. AND! With these painkillers.... after a while, you do need a higher dose (that's why I run out of Di-Hy & have to take crappy 8mg co-codamol until my next prescription). Asking my GP to up the dose would be like asking him/her if I could just have a morphine drip attached to my arm 24/7. They'd have kittens. In fact, I did ask once, but that Dr told me to 'bear with it'. Tsssk. But, I must admit that I too am waiting for the day when they say I don't need them. All because of some theory in a book they've read. Opps! Ranted a bit there, but at least there's someone else out there who's in the same (ish) boat.

Back
Top Bottom