hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bluetooth

New
Reaction score
hello every one im a 36 year old male with full blowen epilepsy
im not sure if this is in the right section if not admin would you point me in the right direction please
ive just had to start siging on at the job center after coming off sickness benifits.my personal adviser is telling me i dont have to mention my epilepsy to a employer until ive been offered the job is that right i thought you would have to tell them in the interveiw

Hi, and welcome!
No, you don't ever have to tell your employer that you have Epilepsy (I never told mine) unless your seizures are not under control and you will be missing work a lot. Then it will be good for them to know that ahead of time. I think personally I would tell my boss after I was already hired. You're not required to give them medical conditions, so it really would just be a courtesy to let your boss know after you're hired, in case something happens in the office, and it will help you out if you have to take days off because of seizures.

Hi bluetooth, welcome to CWE!

You're introducing your self in the right forum, no worries. :)
And as Krista says, there's no obligation to disclose any medical condition to a prospective employer.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi bluetooth and welcome to our party! Hope to see you here often :)

Welcome and I hope we can help you find the information that you ae looking for. Be comfortable, we understand.

Back
Top Bottom