Hello!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I get Focal Motor Seizures ,whatever that means in E terms as in Ep!? :)
I've had 'E' for some 17 years now so it's no stranger to me.
Prior to being dx'd as having Focal Motor Seizures it was said I had "Jacksonian Epilepsy", but obviously I grew out of that.

I've just nipped over from the NSE (www.epilepsyforum.org.uk) site where to be honest you'll probably find more info on me. ;)

Anyway, I just thought I'd add name/nick to forum to boost Bernard/Stacy's Forum. 8)
Look forward to speaking to everyone in good time too!! :p

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave/Thor, welcome to the forums!

You're probably going to need to explain all your abbreviations for Stacy. I found a page a few days ago with the common epilepsy forum abbreviations, but I didn't bookmark it (d'oh!). :roll:

bernard said:

You're probably going to need to explain all your abbreviations for Stacy. I found a page a few days ago with the common epilepsy forum abbreviations, but I didn't bookmark it (d'oh!). :roll:

I'll write some for you :)

E. = Epilepsy.
Ep (same as above) ;)
dx , Dx'd or Dx'ed = Diagnosed.
NSE = National Society for Epilepsy (UK).
IMO = In My Opinion.
BTW = By The Way.
LOL = Laugh Out Loud
S .. as in "I've has 'S's today" = Seizure.

I'll try and find a file with all of them on and pass it on to you! ;)
Which reminds me, you might want to think of doing a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) as it'll crop up sooner or later.
Just look at the posts (in the NSE forum) I've had asking "how do I upload and image?" (example) ;)

Cheers,
Dave.

bernard said:

You mean...

AFAIK As Far As I Know
AFAICT (As Far As I Can Tell)
BTW By The Way
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
FWIW For What Its Worth
FYI For Your Information
IMO In My Opinion
IMHO In My Humble Opinion
IMNSHO In My Not So Humble Opinion
IIRC If I Recall/Remember Correctly
IRL In Real Life
LOL Laughing Out Loud
NG Newsgroup
OTOH On The Other Hand
POV Point Of View
PDQ Pretty Damn Quick
ROTFL Rolling On The Floor Laughing
ROTFLOL Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud
ROTFLMAO Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off, (getting a little silly now ...)
RSN Real Soon Now, (if ever)
RTFM Read The Fine Manual, (or any other F-word of your own choice ... )
RTFF Read The Fine FAQ
YABA Yet Another Bloody Acronym - a reminder for us not to get carried away with these!
-

AFAICT Not a lot are used these days though!, OTOH some might still use them! ;) :)

Cheers,
Dave

TWIT - That's what I thought

Use that one if you dare!

bernard said:
TWIT - That's what I thought

Use that one if you dare!

I don't think I would use that.
I might try SCHMUCK ( Stacy Can't Have the Man Using Computer Keyboard ) .. all the time!! ;)

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom