hello all

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

#infome

New
Reaction score
Hi all, first time forum user!
I suffer from petit mal and was dignoised @ 11yrs caused,they think,by a head injury. Through my teens till I was.....15-16 yrs I kept it a secret from my pers. I had no interest it was just an embarresing inconvinence I knew nothing about. To be honest I could tell you the names of poss.two meds I was tried with through these yrs. My mum delt with it and as my ep. wasn't painful and teenage friends very rarely noticed me 'day dreaming' it didn't really effect my day to day living,or so I thought. It wasn't until My 18th birthday It hit me I was epileptic.
I had an app. with my consultant at the time, I had gone alone. I was told due to my ep. I could never drive, all hopes of becoming a nurse were shattered and I may not be able to have children ,happy birthday to me!
So after aolt of tears and becoming a health care assistant I'v took on the approach that I could be worst and have stuck to that to this day. I carried on to meet my very supportive hubby and through my twenty's travelled a lot. We now have two girls aged 3 and 1.Both of my pregancies worried me sick! However my meds were monitored well. The drug I am on carries the lowest risk when pregnant and as My ep. being caused by a trama It hasn't effected my girls.
I know this sounds odd but I do still just 'plod along' I'm lucky that My ep.is pretty much consistant in its ways and I guess I know it and how to deal with it. Well until now, hence why I'v joined this forum.....see you there.x

#infome

You are very welcome, your story sounds familiar to me in ways, but I am driving and no family, that's epilepsy.

Back
Top Bottom