hello all

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

drarvindr

Doctor aiming to become neurologist
Doctor
Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Dr. Arvind R. I've had juvenile myoclonic epilepsy since i was 13. I've joined this forum primarily to help others deal with epilepsy. In India , there is a great deal of discrimination against epileptics. But as in any other place there are many pople who are able to look past the epilepsy ( my girlfriend , for example. Funnily enough she was born on world epilepsy day!:rock:). I'm hoping to become a neurologist and sort out people's misconceptions as i go along.
Peace , all.

Hi, hello

and how do you do? It's nice to meet you! Welcome to CWE! Mr B has built us an AWESOME home here......

So, you're from India, huh? We do have some other forum members from there, too.....

So, are you studying to be a neurologist, then? Tell us more, please...We don't mind having doctors in-house!

I myself have had E for almost 43 years now......tonic clonics, in my sleep. A few have occurred in the day, but only because I was literally just getting out of bed.....and my sleep cycle was messed up.

Have fun checking out all the nooks and crannies in this house. There are plenty of of them.....even a Padded Room for venting when you need to, and a Library, too......

Take care,

Meetz

Hi all. My name is Dr. Arvind R. I've had juvenile myoclonic epilepsy since i was 13. I've joined this forum primarily to help others deal with epilepsy. In India , there is a great deal of discrimination against epileptics. But as in any other place there are many pople who are able to look past the epilepsy ( my girlfriend , for example. Funnily enough she was born on world epilepsy day!:rock:). I'm hoping to become a neurologist and sort out people's misconceptions as i go along.
Peace , all.
Hello, Dr Arvind:)
C'mon in & get comfy! I'm sure someone around here will prep & serve some hot tea. I'm pleased you're planning to become a neurologist to help people with seizure conditions. Stay as long as you like. Peace & best wishes on a bright future! ~Ann T.

Welcome Dr. Arvind R, :hello:

I think it's great that you're studying to become a neurologist to help stamp out the misconceptions of epilepsy not only in India, but in the whole world!

I hope you can stay & chat some more.

Cindy

Welcome to CWE! :) We're a a pretty friendly bunch, so feel free to ask questions and check this site out. :)

Dr. Arvind R.

Hi Dr. Arvind R., welcome to the forum. :hello:

I held off on saying hello until I had a chance to communicate with you privately about your claim of being a doctor. We've had some issues in the past with folks pretending to be something they are not on this site, so I feel a responsibility to check out such claims. Fortunately, Dr. Arvind is a cool cat and answered my inquiries satisfactorily.

Good luck with your test for post-graduate neurology studies!

Hello, Dr. Arvind R.: I also wanted to welcome you to the group. I'm sure we'll talk in the future, and I wish you success with your desire to help others. As you have first-hand experience, I'm certain that if you do become a neurologist, you would do quite well. Sincerely, Josie

:hello: Dr A!

I thought I had posted in here ... but
welcome to CWE and I can see you've made
yourself a home but one word of warning that
beanbag chair over there is MINE!

:D

Glad to have you with us! It's addicting in here,
but insanity isn't required to be here, we'll be
glad to train you!

;)

Kidding!

Thanks for all the support ! It's been fun ! c u in the forums :rock: