Hello Everyone :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kenzbrain

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here today. First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I am 62. All right, my history is give or take, but here it is in a nutshell... I got epilepsy for no apparent reason when I was 30. I was at work one day, in my office-I had a grand mal seizure. They carted me off of course, I thought I was dying :) anyway...They put me on dilantin first 25 years. Then Felbatol for 6 months maybe, then on topamax. Only had 7 grand mal seizures in all that time. Have not had a grand mal now in over 5 years. Last year in the summer, I started having complex partials instead, different for me... neurologist felt that the topamax had run it's course. After several months of trying different meds, and 21 complex partials, I am now on 400 mg. of Zonegran and 1500 mg of Keppra per day and wow, love it. Feel like I can think so clearly and do things like I did when I was younger. Even play better golf... ha...Absolutely no seizures of any kind now since March, yay! I am a very positive person, so hopefully I can use my experiences to encourage others. Glad to be here! Oh, my dear sweet wife and I will be having our 40th wedding anniversary in Dec. and she is a 19 year breast cancer survivor, :e: so we really have done a lot of positive reinforcement for each other over the years. Life is too short, be positive, amen!

Ken

Hey Ken,

I don't know what you're doing living in a nutshell :p , but you sound just like everyone else here. Different. Its a very diverse crowd. Its nice to hear about your positivity. I have a few sayings I like. Never Give Up, and Life Goes On. Hearing from you, it sounds like you live in a similar manner as myself.

Congratulations on 40 years. I've been married 2 years and look forward to the next 38 as well. My wife has been able to help me out in the eight years we have been together and I have been helping her out with the newly discovered bipolar disorder, but things are going great.

Welcome!

Thanks! ... maybe I was thinking of all those nuts they seem to put in the grocery store this time of year. Seems like there aren't that many hazelnuts included this year by the way, I think the coffee creamer people got their hands on them :coffee:

Hi Kenzbrain,

Welcome to CWE, good to see your seizures are under control & the meds are helping.
Its good to see someone on here with a positive attitude, I try to keep a positive attitude & have never let the epilepsy run my life.
Happy Anniversary to you & your wife :).

Happy thanksgiving to you & all the other Americans.
I'm from Australia, we don't have thanksgiving so its just another day here.

"Let's go Aussies!"

Thank you CQ. Don't know if you play any golf, but Adam Scott, one of my favorites represented Australia so well this year, winning the Masters. What a great champ... :hi5:

Thank you CQ. Don't know if you play any golf, but Adam Scott, one of my favorites represented Australia so well this year, winning the Masters. What a great champ... :hi5:
No I don't play golf, not really a sports person lol but I have heard of Adam Scott.
There have been a few good Aussie golf players but the only ones I can think of at the moment are Greg Norman & Karrie Webb lol.

Was 45 when epilepsy came on me and it comes and goes...and right now I want it to go. I do not like the side effects of depression which comes on every month for 10days but thankfully I have the backing here of my loving husband on 41 yrs. so can't and try not to complain too much. Here is to wish you all a very Happy Christmas.

kenzbrain, greetings, it is good to see you here and my fingers are crossed for you that seizure free trend continues. I find CWE to be a very nice place to visit and it really helped me to get through a not so thrilling time. I do try my best to help some others but my wording isn't the greatest :) and quite often I will write this or that, come back later and learn I said something totally different. Oh and at times I just yap on like here in my greeting to you... oops, sorry. My greetings to a very nice place.

Back
Top Bottom