Hello everyone complex partial frontal lobe

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I'm 31 and have had seizures since i was 10 i have complex partial seizures and have my seizures when I fall asleep and wake up and sometimes in the middle of the night. So i dont get much sleep. I also occasionally have them during the day not that often though maybe 1 or 2 times a week during the day but every night. I take 3 medications keppra 1000 mg zone gran 300 mg and lamicatal 800 mg a day. I also have a VNS implant which was just put in I,ve been on several different drugs tegreta, depakote,dilatine, neurontine, Paxel, fenobarbatal which was taken off the market. And am now looking into a euoropean drug When I have a seizure it feels like I'm helpless almost in a comma I know exactly what's going on around me. You could even say a math problem and I could give you the answer I just can't talk or control my body its like looking through someone else's eyes and my body jerks to one side. For about 45 seconds its so embarassing I really don't think there every going to be under control. I've fought the good fight I guess I just want to hear someone has it worse. I know that makes me a bad person but I need to know that it's not that bad

Hi Joshuafain, welcome to CWE!

I don't think it makes you a bad person to want to read about someone worse off than yourself -- it makes you human. It gives you a different perspective on your own struggles and allows you to empathize and connect with others.

Sine the drugs haven't helped to completely control your seizures, you might want to look into doing neurofeedback. I don't know if there are any restrictions with neurofeedback because of the VNS. If not, you might find it would provide some relief, without necessarily increasing side effects. More info here: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f22/eeg-neurofeedback-501/

Best,
Nakamova

Hi! I have nocturnal seizures and I remain conscious. They happen as I does into sleep and sometimes awake me from sleep. I take Tegretol 800mg and Clonazepam 5.5, my seizures have decreased dramatically. The Clonazepam act as a relaxant and an anti-anxiety drug as well as controlling certain types of epilepsy.
:)

Back
Top Bottom