Hello everyone new to this site - need some advise

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mother

New
Reaction score
Dear friends , my daughter age 6 and half has been on medication now for about 2 years now , she started on epilim syrup but me being a one of those mothers that trys to keeps additives from her!! so we switched to episenta capsules but i have to open content and mix with food she has learning difficulties and would not know how to swallow ...main reason for upping the dose originally was because she was having these strange episodes of falling and head stwitching doctor upped meds because he said that over time it will have to go up but i upped meds on saturday morning thinking all the funny turns will stop but infact they got worse today...can any one tell me or have had a simular thing ?? i did read in the side affects it could be dose too high aarrhhh i cant ask daughter how she feels because she has no speech and any problems i have to watch her closely .... i feel like im in the dark and any help would be great ..Thank you xx

Sorry to hear about your daughter.

Because Episenta is a prolonged-release medication I would suggest you not take it out of the capsule. That would take away the prolonged-release action of the medication and increases the risk of seizures as time gets closer to their next dose. Have you tried having her swallow it with food? Applesauce is great for that.
Episenta prolonged-release capsules, prolonged-release granules and injection all contain the active ingredient sodium valproate, which is a medicine that is used mainly to treat epilepsy

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/episenta.html

If you can't find another way of administering it I highly suggest you let the neurologist know as it may make a difference in what dosage is needed to work.

Back
Top Bottom