Hello! I'm new here.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ElleJaye

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone!:)

I'm 57 and my husband, who is 54, had his first seizure ten years ago.
He was fine after that until 2012 when he had two TIA's (mini strokes) and following the TIA's in July and August of 2013 he had two more seizures.
He had a panic attack/suspected seizure in October 2014, another seizure in March 2015 and he had another seizure while out yesterday.
He's under the neurologist at our local hospital and we're waiting for an appointment to get the results of his EEG and MRI scan.
Since 2012 my husband has been unwell 24/7 and even though I don't suffer from seizures myself I'm trying to find out all I can about them.

I don't mean to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself but I'm finding it incredibly lonely and need support so I'm so glad to have found this forum.
I'm hoping to meet new friends via this forum wether they be sufferers like my husband or family members or friends of a sufferer.

Hi, ElleJaye and welcome to CWE!
You will find lots of great people here to offer support and opinions, and to help guide your search for answers to your questions. Having seizures, or being close to someone who does have them, really can be lonely because so few others have much understanding as to the emotional, social and physical impact of them.
Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

Hi masterjen and thank you for the lovely welcome.:)

I look forward to meeting new friends on here and learning more about epilepsy and seizures.

Hi ElleJaye, welcome!

You've come to the right place! Plenty of wonderful support to be found here. Please feel free to explore the different forums and threads and start a new thread with any questions or comments.

:hugs:

Nakamova

You don't sound like you're being sorry for yourself! You sound like a great wife who wants to find out as much as she can about epilepsy so you can understand it better and help your husband as much as you can!

It's nice to meet you!

Welcome and hopes are certainly with you and your husband to find great visits and chats here. It is great to meat you.

ElleJaye

Welcome to CWE, you will find some great people who will help you.

Hi everyone! :hello:

Thank you all so much for the lovely welcome.
I'm so happy to have found this forum.

Welcome ElleJaye,

It's nice to chat with other people who know what it is to have a relative who has seizures, it helps to know you're not the only one.

Thanks for the welcome Dutch mom!

I totally agree.
It is nice to chat with other relatives and to know you're not the only one.
I'm sorry to hear your child has seizures.

Back
Top Bottom