Hello from Kansas City.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mooncalf

New
Reaction score
I turned 45, a couple of weeks ago. A month before my 40th birthday, I woke up in the ER, having had my first (I think) seizure.

Since then, I seem to have one, every few months while sleeping... Until two months ago, I had one while awake.

Hi Mooncalf,

Welcome to CWE! Everyone here has been a great friend and support to me and I've had epilepsy for 46 yrs. Just like you I've had seizures in my sleep but I didn't realize it.
What you need to do is ask your family Dr. to refer you to see an Epileptologist and then ask that Dr. to do a sleep study on you along with an e.e.g. and e.k.g. all at the same time. This will show if you have been having seizures in your sleep and if there's a pattern as to what time they happen. When I had the sleep study done I found out I was having seizures 1-2 hrs. before I woke up each day. Take note if you feel really tired in the morning when you have gotten a good nights sleep this is the first sign of seizures in your sleep.
In regards the seizure you had while you were awake do you know what kind it was if I may ask? I have both absence and complex partial. Keep track of the seizures and write down what time they happened on a calendar this will help you see if there's a pattern in the seizures I always have them the 1st and 3rd week of the month. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hey Mooncalf, welcome!

My first seizure arrived when I was 35, so I have a little bit of a sense of the road you've been on....

Make yourself at home at CWE.

Best,
Nak

Hello Mooncalf and welcome!

This forum has really been a help for me.

I started having seizures about 8-9 years ago if I'm recalling correctly now(?) (and then about 8 months ago I had surgery for left-temporal-lobe).
I'm 47 now... so before I turned 40, by a little ways my tonic-clonics kicked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom