Hello seizure friends

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Henry

New
Reaction score
I'm Henry and just had third confirmed tonic conic.
Seizures suck and have a vivid memory of events preceding each, but post, no recollection at all.

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
I agree, seizures do suck. I don't have TC's but seizures have affected my life significantly.
Have specific triggers for your seizures been identified (eg. reaction to medication, a head injury, etc.)? Have you been diagnosed with epilepsy, and if so what medications are you on?

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
I agree, seizures do suck. I don't have TC's but seizures have affected my life significantly.
Have specific triggers for your seizures been identified (eg. reaction to medication, a head injury, etc.)? Have you been diagnosed with epilepsy, and if so what medications are you on?

My first was not reported since I was scared and freaked out, I was 18 years old.
Second happened at work when I was a union electrician, and that resulted in ambulance ride, hospital, neurosurgeon appt.
They tested me and said it was a form of epilepsy that would be easy to control I changed my entire life.

No meds, no tonic conic witnessed, though have had lightning orgasms which isn't fun either as you pass out with a lightning bolt through head at moment of orgasm.

Been seizure free for almost 15 years now and whamo.
Tonic clonic, witnessed, begged no ambulance. Just turn 50 and am not pleased.

Welcome to the forums. Yep we have all been in your shoes it sucks.

When you have a complex partial and tonic clonic you 'black out' and have no memory of what happened during the seizure. Might not remember anything that happened after until you come completely out of this, this happens to me all the time. I usually don't even know that I've had the seizure unless there was someone there to tell me it happened. Sometimes I may not remember things that happened shortly before the seizure too.

Seizures are just soooo much fun to have aren't they!

Welcome to CWE!

When you have a complex partial and tonic clonic you 'black out' and have no memory of what happened during the seizure. Might not remember anything that happened after until you come completely out of this, this happens to me all the time. I usually don't even know that I've had the seizure unless there was someone there to tell me it happened. Sometimes I may not remember things that happened shortly before the seizure too.

Seizures are just soooo much fun to have aren't they!

Welcome to CWE!
When I had my tonic clinic seizure my wife said it was probably twenty minutes from start to finish when I really started fully coming out of it. I don't remember the ambulance ride, cat scan, my hospital stay or even transferring to the hospital at the base that I worked at. I was military at the time. I still have memory issues, but some of them are medication related though, that's my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom