hello from waralan

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waralan

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first visit to this board. I have had epilepsy for about the last 25 years. For what it is worth, I spent 23 years working at a state run school for the mentally challanged, hands on hands. Many of the the clients had seizures.
However, getting back to myself, I consider myself as a depakote junky.

Hi Warlan: Welcome to the board ,Nice meeting you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad depkote works for you, it worked for me but wrecked havoc on my body and matablisium and hair.
After 39 yrs I ran out of meds and tried homeopathy and very happy with that. I got down to one tab of mysoline and homeopathy. Eventually I became toxic on the 1 tab of mysoline and statred the Gard diet and than dropped the last tab of mysoline. 41 yrs and finally free of meds. I never believed that would happen. If you have any questions feel free to ask on the board or in a PM.
Again welcome to the board!!!!!!!!!!!
Riva

Reply to positive person

Hi, positive person, Thanks for the warm welcome. Please forgive me if at times I seem to be talking more medical than I should. However, my vast experience and my life has often taught me to say more than I should.
At times I need to tell myself to shut up and listen to others.

No You Don't Need To Shut Up, The Boards Are Here To Exchange Information And Help Each Other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Please Share Your Knowledge !!!!!!!!!!!

Riva

:hello: Waralan

Glad to have you here, and no by
all means, do not shut up! You are
more than welcomed to post!

:)

Memory

Hi, If I were to stand in your midst today, you would think that surely there is nothing wrong with me.
Yes my meds: depakote, dilantin, and phenobarbitol, along with my use of vns does wonders.
But my memory is made of mush. Any suggestions on I can do to help mysel?

Hi waralan, welcome to the forum. :hello:

EEG Neurofeedback can be helpful with improving mushy memory.

Warlan didn't the dr lower your meds with the vns inplant? Have you discussed that with him? When I had the vns inplant the dr lowered my meds to half .

Riva

My first year on homeopathy I used Silicia.
My second year the lady who took care of me stopped coming to Portland, so I took alot of books out of the library and read them, researched on the net and switched the med to treat my epilepsy and my underactive thyroid. I now take Calc. Carb

I also have in case of emergency instead of taking ativan to stop a sz I have
Hyoscyamus NIG.

Riva

homeopathy

I am getting a bit sick of taking all my meds, with thier price and all
As far as getting help, I fall between the cracks, poor enough to need help, but making enough not to qualify.

Well, there are some alternative therapies/treatments you can try (including diets, neurofeedback, CBT, etc.). See the chart in my signature for details.

Alternative treatments

Hi, does any anyone know about the substance used to treat myclonos? I suffer from myoclonic epilepsy.

When I left NYC I dropped my BCBS it was 650 dollars a month for me and 550 for my husband and we just couldn't afford it anymore. I arrived in Portland without insurance and was hoping to pick it up and never did.

So I went to the gp for my perscriptions for the epilepsy meds until my body had no meds left to take . Than I was looking thru the free alternative newspapaers and saw
advertising for the homepathy dr and called her twice and finally made an appointment.
I started my monthly treatment and never looked back. Once I started the homeopathy I weaned myself off the meds monthly. It was great not having to buy Aed's on a monthly basis. What a saving!!!!!!!!!!

If you want alternative treatment you can look for a homeopathy school in your state so they will discount you. I did that in NYC with acupuncture and in Portland too.

Wishing you the best of luck, but you must remember to pace yourself when you wean off the meds 1/2 tab a month . SLOW IS THE MOTTO.

And if your body is so use too one med you may have to go for acupuncture to help you wean off it. I had to do that with mysoline.I had the shakes till I went for the acupuncture. I always found acupuncture to be very helpful !!!!!!!!!!!

I also use these patches everynite on my foot to cleanse my body of toxins . Check out the web site www.verseo.com
Your looking to check out the premium detox foot patches

Riva

homeopathy

Positive person, Thanks for the advice. I am being nickled to death by the rx prices.
I am supposed to be certifided for medicare, but since I worked for the School for so long, I would lose the benefits it I did.
I mean medicare part d. medicare is my primary careare and blue cross/blue shield is my secondarily one.

To be perfectly honest I think you would be best to do the diet and the homeopathy.

All the pple in the health food stores think that the smartest move I made combining the two.

If you have any more questions you can post on the board or pm will be happy to help
you out in any way I can.

Let me know what you chose and how it goes. Wishing you a sz free life and med free life!!!!!!!!!

Riva

yes I suffer from myoclonic epilepsy

Yes, I suffer from myoclonic epilepsy. My neuro had me so loaded with depakote, it is lucky I am alive to post this.
I am interested in the substance used to treat it.
Yes, my vns has helped me cut back on the meds a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom