Help! medicine issues

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bombom

New
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a epileptic I have been for 35yrs now. I was 3yrs when I was termed with ensyphilities of the brain. Over the yrs. I have had many different doctors, and have had many different meds that the doctors hoped would make me sz. free. So far none of them have worked for me, and with each new med. I have had many different types of side effects. I have always had to learn to cope with each. One of the meds I take is vimpat but the insurance started giving me problems with helping me get the name brand of vimpat. So my doctor had to give me samples it just seems like since I've been taking these samples I started losing my concentration, focus, and interests in even the smallest pleasures in my life. One of the pleasures in my life is reading, and I love to read romance novels, but I just can't seem to get into them. I feel like it has to do with these samples, but my doctor says no. How is it that they say these things are not the cause of these changes when our chemical embalance is not the same?

I sure have not taken medicine any where as near as long as you, but since I have started, I have had trouble with concentrating, keeping on task, and being easily distracted. I have always been good at multi tasking, and cannot do this to save my life right now! That part is driving me the most crazy at work. I hope you can figure it out. I love to read too, and am finding that hard as well. It you find out-let me know too. good luck.

bombom, having to deal with the side effects of three meds at the same time, i can tell you that sometimes you know more than what your doctor knows about how certain medications affect you. if you liked doing something before taking a med, and once you started it didn't like doing it, you would assume your doctor would think it was a side effect. obviously not. just listen to your body and your mind cause only you truly know. AEDs react differently with different people.

Back
Top Bottom