Hey

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Nenne - I see you have hooked up with a couple of our really good members. It has been nice reading about the positive things in Isreal that are ignored by the US media.

Please discuss your E with you BF. This may be a significant part of your life together. It is important that he becomes as knowledgeable about it as you.

Hey Robin, thanks for that cool link about Isreali achievments!

You're welcome. It sticks in my mind every time I hear threats towards the country. Amazing what people can do when they put their minds to it.

Hey,Boker Tov

Nope never been tested for sleep apnea, Im really starting to feel like i missed out on a lot of tests, or missed out and missed out, who like doing the tests! Im always though my countries healthcare was great but im not so sure anymore. Ahh at least its free :)

Thats cool, even thou matza is not my thing, i dont mind, it but its not something that i walk a round longing for. Most Jewish food is Polish and im not a big fan of polish food :) just way to much cabbage for me!

Sharon its very sad what happened to ur friend and her family the sad thing is that this happened to so many families. Does not matter who u talk to everybody lost a friend or family member.

But cool she taught u some arabic! i only know Jalla jalla :)

Last edited:
hey, thank u for the link.

Im not sure its that, i dont have any sweats at all! or when i sleep during daytime i have but then im also like so angry when i wake thats its incredible, my boyfriend have learnt to not talk to me the first 10 min after my nap. But as soon as iv had something to eat or drink does not matter what it is fruit works great takes abit longer before i feel good again but its better then cookies :)

And i think we did one of those sleep thingys when i was younger and they did not mention anything about sleep apnea, dont u have to snore also if u have sleep apnea?

Isn't it a good pre-test to have someone witness you having breathing difficulty while sleeping?
So sign someone up to watch you sleep and make notes... :bigsmile:

Yeah. I was advised to have a sleep study done a few years ago. I think I'll follow up on it. If I sleep vertically up on a chair with arms (to prevent me from landing on the floor) I do less snoring and breathe better (I am told).

Hey,
Im actually up for one of those EEG sleeping test pretty soon sense i have go trough all of the tests again before putting in the VNS. Im so happy! my summer will be so fun! i cant wait to have MRI, EEG both the awake one and the sleeping one. (i hate the awake one, i cant stay awake with closed eyes)

I just cant believe my luck! how many girls will have the fantastic experience of seeing how the hospital works during the holidays!!!

Ahh at least i have summer job during the weekends :) That will be fun at least!

After that VNS, are you allowed to have MRIs again? I was in physical therapy for an injured shoulder and recall seeing a warning about MRIs with VNS devices as well as pacemakers. If they install VNS, I think the device is permanent. Unless, there's a special type of MRI they can do to accommodate people with a VNS.

There's a lot of controversy about VNS in here.

I have read some different things about that, but on swedish one it says that if u have a VNS that they will avoid doing a full body MRI but i guess its not that often u do a full body one :) But they will do it if its needed but there is a special procedure then.

And thats why im doing a MRI before just to be on safe side, we do wanne know if i have a brain or not :) maybe it disappeared sense the last time :)

STOP THE MUSIC!!! Did I see you mention a rash, and you are taking Lamictal PLEASE get that checked by someone who knows something about E/meds/neuro and like right away...today would be good! Not something to mess with AT ALL!! Dead trumps seizure all day long. That is not to say you are going to die but this is dead serious!!:twocents::soap: (Iam also a mom and we can talk about the bfriend later-get checked

Hey paradise surviver,
Yes i know i should get it checked, but im hoping for to it stay put until im home again, its dead expansive to go to a doc here! And im looking at all the time so it wont turn black, right now im more worried im about my headache that come all the time :) another day destroyed by waking by headache, ahhh!!! lately my head fell like its full of stuff. aja im gonne take more pills and hopefully it will go away.

Lamictal Rash

Life-Threatening Rashes With Lamictal

You may be wondering how a skin rash can be life threatening. While most rashes are merely bothersome, some can be very dangerous. Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) are rare types of rashes that can be fatal. They can cause large sections of the skin to die, which can lead to disfigurement or dangerous infections. As many as 40 percent of people with toxic epidermal necrolysis (which is more severe than Stevens-Johnson syndrome) will die as a result of the condition.

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis are most often caused by medications, including Lamictal.

Lamictal Rash

Thats why im looking at it all the time, and so far its just a little bit dry and pink. And this jackson syndrome mostly comes if u just stared eating lamictal recently and i have been on Lamictal for around 4 years. So im hoping that its just a normal reaction and that when i come back that il just get a cream or something, i know i sound cheap but it will cost me alot of money even that i have insurance to go to a doctor so il rather wait as long as its not turning black, and its does not itch or anything. But if turns black or gets worse il go to the doc directly. Im more afraid that i have to much meds in my blood again, it happens sometimes to me and that sucks.

Nenne-I don't mean to scold, nag, or tell you what to do but these are not meds to fool around with and self medicating is just plain foolish with not so pretty consequences. I am no fan of meds as I have had plenty of side-effects and failures and I cannot preach about how to strictly follow orders but that being said; E may not be your biggest threat to your health, foolishness is:twocents: PLEASE take this seriously and talk to someone with knowledge...if you can't see someone at least call your doc and ask...:soap:eek:k I'm done

Hey,

Its fine, im myself worried but as i said its to expansive, and im hoping it can wait until i come home, But of course if it get worse il check it up,
And when i read about that jackson syndrome it said it is placed around mouth and eyes, and mine is on my back and shoulder and abit on the side of my neck.
I hoping its allergy against something else, not that i can figure out what i have changed shampoo, soup washing powder and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom