Hey Everybody! :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JoeyLeddz

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone! :hello: Just as a little introduction: My name's Joe, I'm 23, and I live in Massachusetts. I make YouTube videos, play guitar, sing, write, cook and I'm really just a laid back goofball. I started having seizures when I was 12, and have grand mal seizures that occur only during my sleep. I feel weird in the regard that, my seizures are ridiculously spaced out. On average, I have about one a year. However, there have been times where I've gone years without them. Then some years, I'll have 3 or 4. I take Lamictal, which helps control them, but they don't ALWAYS work. After years of having seizures and thinking heavily about them, I figured it would be nice to join a community of people who know what it's like. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you. :)

Hey Joe, welcome to CWE!

I'm on Lamictal too. It fully-controls my grand mals, which started in my 30s.
Stay warm! (I'm in Boston, so yeah, I know it's freeeeeeezing right now.)

Cheers!
Nak

Hi Joey, welcome aboard! You picked a great site to join.

Im also on lamictal, well..the generic form.

Funny y'all mention staying warm, it's been in the teens and 20s in Dallas the last few days. Us Texans are really freezing our tails off!!!

Hi Joey

Welcome to the group.

Funny y'all mention staying warm, it's been in the teens and 20s in Dallas the last few days. Us Texans are really freezing our tails off!!!
Cathy
I’m guessing your talking in Fahrenheit temp and not Celsius lol. We work for in Celsius here so I googled it and yep that’s freezing.

We’re in middle of summer here, currently low 30s (approx 86f) which is nice but supposed to get to 40c (approx 104f) by Saturday. I hate summer so not looking forward to the weekend.

Hi Joey,

Welcome to CWE! Just like you I used to live in Rutland Mass. when I was going to a boarding school back in the 1970's. I was also having seizures in my sleep but I didn't realize it until my neuro did a sleep study on me along with an e.e.g. and e.k.g. at the same time and that's when they saw I was having seizures in my sleep 1-2 hrs. before I would get up each day. I was then put on vimpat and that stopped that type of seizure but I still have absence and complex partial seizures and I started using cbd (medical marijuana) and I'm amazed at how that has reduced my seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom