Hi Everyone My Name is David And I`m New Here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Just been to see neurologist she`s a pain in the a*se, wants to admit me to hospital for 5 days to monitor my fits, also i shouldnt be taking any pain medication for after a fit bassically i got treated like a number and not a person. No other appointment was made for mri scan she said continue on your meds, she asked if i had hep a or b because of all the sexual partners i had when i was younger, she bassically saw me for 3 minutes, in she had my form there was a waiting time of about 40 mins, i walk in she said my name after i registered at desk and i got all this nonsense, and another thing she said to me i should not be taking any medication for the pain after a seizure i was like WTF do you know how painfull it is if you smash your arm leg or face off something. i`m absolutely outraged at it man. i need a new neurologist thats for sure, i`ll be getting a call from my GP in the morning and i`ll be telling her about it, you know when my nest appointment to see this current one is jan 2014, thats not right eh, sommit to do with because my eeg was clear they want me in to video me taking a seizure and monitor me for 5 days i`m not in any way comfortable with it. :mad:

Theres a few people on this board and have done the in hospital to moniter seizures and perhaps find out where your seizures are coming from,some have had good results others not so good.With any luck they will read this thread and chime in.

Although i must admitt an appointment next year when you are seizing most days doesn't seem quite right.

i`m in a position where i got 2 kids one on the way and a missus with post natal depression man, there is no way i can leave them for 5 days, what if in the 5 days nothing happens, bloody pointless i think. fair do people will get different results but asking if i bassically had AIDS LMAO i got kids man if i had hep or aids my kids would, i got treated in a manor i deffo wasnt comfortable with. plus you know what else she said it could always be brain damage and not epilepsy, i`m like what the hell you treating me for something that u dont know i have or not i`m so confused man

Looks like your best bet is to see your doctor face to face,nevermind phoning him,at least that way ha can't just fob you off.

tru m8, i`ll get an emergency app tomorrow, and go see her. did you ever have to take pain killers after your seizures?

No,but i on dihydrocodeine all the time for a dodgy back,so theres no chance off me getting anything else.

I was put in the hospital taken off my meds and it only took a couple of days. And they could see what type of seizures I was having. I felt it was well worth it. You might want to think about it.... ????

its just the idea of leaving my missus to deal with 2 kids while pregnant and she has post natal depression from our last kid , plus i`m also thinking of coming off my meds altogether been in my head for a while now, if the results of my blood tomorrow are liver or kidney damage then the meds are gone i`m wanting to see my kids grow up not end up some blithering wreck of a man due to stupid pills i`ve been taking, i actually thought of binning the lot tonight , i`ve found people who haved lived with it without medication plus i could maybe sneak back into a painting job, all this being on different benifits its doing my head in.

i suppose i`m just peaved off about the neuro to be honest a good night sleep and i might feel better, another one for ya i was saying it takes a year to see my neurologist it takes 2 weeks to get a gp appointment aswell LOL, i`ve been treated for epilepsy for just over a year now and the neuro said i might have brain damage or something completely different from epilepsy, if so and i find out i`ve been treated for the wrong illness i`m taking them to court for malpractice i feel ill at the though i might have something else wrong with me that is not epilepsy at all, then finding this site helped a lot until i find this out today. sorry for the rant but i had to get sum stuff off my chest

Davie

You don,t have to worry about venting mate,it's what we are here for.Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to find the right dosage and the right type off pill.I was diagnoed at 17 put on Epanutin which they just increased every time i had a seizure.I then went on to Tegeratol which gave me far better seizure control.Then they addad the sodium.Ill write you a pm tomorrow because the full story is to long for here.But don't give up man,you might need a different type off tablet.Theres plenty out there.Im just hoping you dont give up and get some sort off seizure control,all the best,Neil.

well buddy i got my results of my bloods today afterall and it turned out i have some stomach bug so another bunch of pills i have to fire into my system, i`m not to bothered to be honest now i know it aint nothing too serious, well i`ve decided to go back to dover for 4 weeks see how my body reacts to differernt surroundings etc different people, i just feel i need to get outta here so i`ve got a ticket booked for saturday night man and as dave gilmour said

" Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall. Waiting for the worms to come. In perfect isolation here behind my wall"

Hopefully i`ll come back a bit more chilled out and go for the 5 day test, i`m absolutely petrified of hospitals man i hate the smell just the clinical aspect of it knowing there`s dead folks down below etc it chills me to the bone, but i`ll be keeping in touch my brother`s taking over the gaming machine an giving me his "AWSOME" laptop and dongle LOL. hopefully all will be better when i return

Dont Fear The Reaper :rock:

Looking to the 'future'

The 1st and most important step is looking after your own health now......if at all possible....

if you are to look after/out4(u sound like loving hubby and father) your family in future
sometimes 'me' has to come 1st....

u need to find out whats going and a study could help shed light..

my 2 cents..

well buddy i got my results of my bloods today afterall and it turned out i have some stomach bug so another bunch of pills i have to fire into my system, i`m not to bothered to be honest now i know it aint nothing too serious, well i`ve decided to go back to dover for 4 weeks see how my body reacts to differernt surroundings etc different people, i just feel i need to get outta here so i`ve got a ticket booked for saturday night man and as dave gilmour said

" Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall. Waiting for the worms to come. In perfect isolation here behind my wall"

Hopefully i`ll come back a bit more chilled out and go for the 5 day test, i`m absolutely petrified of hospitals man i hate the smell just the clinical aspect of it knowing there`s dead folks down below etc it chills me to the bone, but i`ll be keeping in touch my brother`s taking over the gaming machine an giving me his "AWSOME" laptop and dongle LOL. hopefully all will be better when i return

Dont Fear The Reaper :rock:

Thats good mate,that it aint something to serious.Sound like a good idea,getting away for a wee bit.It'll help get your head sorted and when you come back youcan go and do the test.I honestly think it will be better in the long run,maybe give the neuros the information to help get your seizures better control.

Hey sound that your keeping your brother's gaming machine and laptop,fair play to him.Good luck when you return,let us know how you get on or just fire us a PM.

hi

Hi david ,
Welcome, I know it is very hard dealing with seizures . What type do u have ? It sounds like grandmal . I have been on a lot of meds and with everymed I had a different side effect . I did recently read that sodium valproate made a person extremely sick . If u work well with your dr. I would ask him what is one of the newer meds that might help u . Good luck jenn

Back
Top Bottom