Hi guys, I'm new again!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
So after years, i now have a laptop which actually works, so thought i'd pop in again, though it's taken me a good couple of weeks to pluck up the courage to post!

Healthwise, things haven't been great, and now as well as the epilepsy meds i appear to have collected rather a lot more medication for other things. I think i'm seriously in danger of rattling when shook! Not too happy about the situation either, but am hoping it's all temporary.

Have been fully on disability since losing my last job a couple years ago due to my epilepsy, but then decided to go back to college and have just started at university in september, studying human biosciences (basically biochemistry). It's going well so far i hope, and at 29, i suppose it's better late than never.

So anyhoo, to introduce myself again, hi, i'm Lou!

Welcom back Loopy Lou, nice to have you here again. Too bad things aren't all going so well as you would want them to go. But great to read you're back in college, 29 is young enough to built a new career.

At this point it just seems like things have spiralled! You start off with one condition and all of a sudden everything else crops up lol.

I'm the first person in my family to go to university, so i guess i've got to do well lol. All in all things are generally good, i'm getting used to a certain level of stress haha!

Loopy Lou

Welcome back, good to hear you are at university. Welcome back.

Welcome back. I was wondering where you were. I really have been thinking about you.

This forum was made out of love by Bernard for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

Would you please translate your signature?

:cheers:

It's Irish for "All that is gold does not glitter", from Tolkien's poem in Lord of the Rings :)

It's entirely possible i got it wrong however, since i've never been taught any Irish!

Thanks for the welcomes guys :hugs:

Loopy Lou

Mícheart, No my friend you did not get it wrong,

Welcome back, Lou.

Glad to hear you are back in school and heading in a fresh direction.

Woohoo, that's good to know, Fedup!

Aloha - hi there! Yeah i was relieved to find i wasn't the oldest one there, apparently in STEM it's pretty common to go into it later :) I suppose i have more of a work ethic than when i first went to college at 16!

I do have to work a little harder since i sleep like 14 hours a day and my recall sucks, but i'm doing good so far :)

Hey.... Welcome Back!!!

Good to see you again though I am sorry to hear about your medical issues not being their best.

Hey Lou, welcome back! And congrats about college, that's great to hear. I hope your health gets back on track soon.

Welcome back!
Best of luck at university. You, my dear, are at a great age to do it. I hope your health issues resolve quickly.

Welcome back, Loopy Lou! Some of us oldies are still around and am so glad to hear you're going to college. You're never too old to go back to school, so don't give up. Hope your health issues get better. Keep on keepin' on!

Welcome back. I too am a returnee.
Yay for Uni, and yay for discovering its not uncommon to attend when a bit more mature. I'm 35, and going back when my Miss 2 is in preschool. In the meantime, I'm going to fiddle around with cheap and free online courses.
I hope your overall health improves.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom