Hi! I am not sure where else to turn.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I saw my first neurologist the 12th. He didn't even look at my charts or anything. We already had another neurologist set up for this morning. He answered a lot more than this other quack did.

I have tonic complex seizures. Have ya guys ever heard of it? Apparently, I have had tonic seizures since I was little and no one ever saw um. Also, the hospital I stayed in pretty much lied to much. They lied with the blood work, MRI and EEG. They said they never found anything. 1. I had a bad infection called encephalitis (Not cause from misquotes or herpes. They are not sure how I got it, but my blood work is low count on red and high on white). That is what took out my eye and "escalated" my seizures. They treated me for a ton of other suppose infections that I NEVER HAD. They MRI showed some bleed and I forgot what else, but seizure related. They said everything was in the normal limits and that it was mental not in the brain. Also, those EEGs that they did. It showed nothing and that they couldn't get a clear read. BULL--- It showed clear as day for tonic complex. 0___0 He told me to never go back to that hospital. He is trying to get to the bottom of why they hide crap and tested me for everything instead of the true reason.

He thinks that since I wasn't in my right mind and I don't remember anything, they did in fact take advantage of it. It makes me wonder what else the hospital did that I wasn't aware of... Ya know.

So to sum this up: I have had tonic seizures since I was little. No one ever caught on too it. Some teachers just thought I had ADD. Now since I had some kind of infection that turned bad, it triggered bad seizures and high blood pressure (that was laying dormant for some reason?). He still thinks I did have a smaller stroke, but I have to go to St. Louis to do a vein study on my brain and eye. Joy! BUT HEY!! At least I finally got some answers, ya know!

But, has anyone heard of Tonic Complex Seizures? If so, can ya exlpain it a little? He tried, but I was still like 0___0 Ermmm I got the tonic part, but how is it complex?

Thank ya so much for all ya comments and responses it means a lot! :hugs:

Among others, I have tonic seizures and partial complex motor seizures. "Tonic complex" might be a term that combines both those.

Hi, Mystic. Welcome. I don't think we've spoken before.

It's good to hear you found a good doc.
After bad grades in school (I have ADHD and two LDs) I was seeing a counselor who spotted a complex partial or absence seizure.
I was lucky enough to get the best pediatric neurologist in St Louis and move to a good neurologist when I decided I was a big boy.
Are you sure "Tonic Complex" is the the correct term in which the doc used? My best guess (if you did misunderstand) is that he meant "Complex partial generalizing to a tonic clonic seizure". I believe that is what would happen in my case before they were controlled.

That's what he used. I had to ask him a couple times to be sure. I went to look it up online after I got home today, but can't really find a definite answer! Maybe it's what Jen said Sper? I have no clue, cause I never heard of it before. I have heard of Tonic Clonic, but not Tonic Complex.

Just a quick question Sper, are ya a Cards fan? :p

I'm not into baseball, but when I am being drug along to a baseball game, I prefer it be a Cards game. ;

Back
Top Bottom