Hi I new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am so glad to be with yall. I am really messed up right now. I am taking 200mg Topamax per day and have done so for about a year and been okay until about a month or so ago and now I feel wild and cant sleep well and sad and almost like no hope. No interest in anything. Ive tried Keppra but had bad results and was taken off Dilantin last year due being on it so long. Any help? By the way I love yall. OH one minute happy one minute crying why? Im usually just a happy easy going little fruitcake!

Welcome to the site

It's good to have you here. The people here are extremely supportive & there's lots of information to look up about epilepsy.

Sorry to hear about how the topomx is effecting you. Have you changed anything in your life recently that might cause that..... diet, sleep schedule, dosage etc.? Are you on the slow release topmax? If not maybe that would help. Also, Try doing a search on this site for "topomax" (3rd link from the right at the top) & see if you find anything useful.

Hello there!

Loads of groovy people here - i think i've maybe been on this site since about April ish, and have found the support and information invaluable.

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for being here

I can't think of anything that has changed at all. Also it is not slow release, just regular. Thank you for the reply. I am just at my wits end, I called the Dr. today and the nurse said you need to call 911 right now. I just want to see the Dr. and get meds changed. I feel better just having yall here.

hay fruit,
luv your name.
i'm alex from england.
i'm also having a rough time at the mo.
i am on keppra (lamotrigine) which is dead expensive & ment to be amazin but i don't like it & don't think it's workin for me. if anythin i'v been worse since i'v been on it.
my emotions are also very up & down. i find it realy hard to hold back the tears.
it's good to meet someone who feels the same.
:) xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey cake, welcome! There are a few other meds out there. I'm not a fan of the drug merry-go-round, but if your medication isn't working, talk to your doc and see what else you might be able to try.

Hey alex --
Keppra is actually different from Lamotrigine. Keppra is known for making people emotionally volatile. One thing folks say helps with 'Kepprage" that is to take vitamin B6. Lamotrigine (Lamictal) is a different drug that is supposed to be better for your moods. It has its own side effects of course...

best to you both,
Nakamova

Alex, I'm sorry your having a rough time also. The Dr. here is booked forever so I will have to hang in there. Thanks for being here for me everyone.

Back
Top Bottom