Hi. I'm new here :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Guys today I began my life with no keppra! The headaches seem to have eased slightly and I'm hopeful that the tegretol will work. Anyone else on tegretol?

Georgie B

Well done Georgir B, Hopefully the tegretol works for you it did for me. Lets party.

That is not a problem and everything will go the way it should.

I'm off the keppra now guys and today I experienced the worst headache today and I couldn't even stand up today with falling over because my head hurt so much! Will the headaches that came with the keppra go away? It's only been a week since I came off the keppra how long will it take for me to get back to normal? Thanks guys

It's hard to say -- withdrawal symptoms hit people differently. The Keppra should be out of your system by now, but it might take a few more days for your brain and body to recalibrate. Make sure you drink plenty of water, get good sleep, etc...

unfortunately, even with tegretol I have experienced some extreme headaches, but nowhere as often as your saying you are getting with the keppra, have you asked about pain relief at your doctors?, with tegretol I just find myself being drained some days, like I could sleep all day, but overall im finding it ok, side effects wise, cant compare it too much else due too it being the first med ive tried

Thanks guys! Ummm the drs wouldn't give me any pain relief at all they just point blank refused! The other side effect is the depression will that go away too? I'm hoping the headaches will go away I'm hoping the tegretol will agree with me and I understand that meds affect different people differently but I'm just hoping I will be fine this time

Georgie B

The depression that comes with the keppra, yes this should go away. This is not to say you will not get depressed again as a side effect of another drug. The headaches do go away at lest for me they did, mind you it took me about a month before I could see the difference.

I'm hoping the depression goes away but a month after you came off the keppra? It'll be two weeks for me today but its driving me mad yesterday I was really ill because of a headache I physically couldn't move because of the headache

With the tears coming as well, if you had an axe just take the top off your head and relive the pressure. It's the keppra.

I am so badly hoping its the keppra I wanna get back to feeling like a human being

Ridiculous of your in pain doctors these days!!! Just remember what goes in must come out can only get better hun!! :) keep smiling

Thanks Maisy I've been trying so hard to not let it win but sadly enough ATM it is winning but I'm looking positive now :):) thanks for your support guys!

Know exactly how you feel, remember smiling realeases much more good chemicals than frowning!

Hey! Just a few questions... I'm still struggling with the depression and I'm experiencing lack of concentration and balance . I have blurred and double vision and I can't make my eyes focus any ideas? Oh how is everyone btw :)

Back
Top Bottom