Hi I'm New Here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have had Epilepsy most of my life. I was in a Car accident when I was 5 years old and I suffered a Head Injury. I always believed that was the cause of my Seizures but last year I got a Second opinion from another Doctor and she said that I was born with them. I noticed that when I was growing up I would stare off a lot but I didn't think anything was wrong with me and neither did my parents. It wasn't till 17 that I had my 1st Gran Mal Seizure and after that it became a weekly thing. I was on so much Medication and it wasn't helping me I was still having Seizures. I was so afraid of what was going to happen to me so my Doctor suggested the Vegal Nerve Stimulator. It took awhile for me to get it to get approved and all that but I finally had the Surgery in March 2005. I still have problems with my Seizures but I am doing so much better than I was before I am so thankful for the Implant it really changed my life.

Hello There....

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to get a lot of information---LMT

Princess - Welcome
Glad to hear that you found something that worked.
I have found something that has reduced my daughters seizures, called neurofeedback. It doesn't require any surgery, or implants. The nutritional changes have also helped.
Were you ever tested for food intolerances?

Welcome Princess

There's a lot of people here that were born with E or have had it from an early age. It's pretty friendly here so make yourself at home & check out all that this site has. Meanwhile give it time & I'm sure everyone will come by & say "hi".

Also congratulations on your VNS. I'm glad it's working. This character here, Birdbomb has a VNS site at http://z4.invisionfree.com/VNS_Message_Board/index.php? . You might be interested in checking it out.

Thank you very much for making me feel welcome it's so nice to have other people with the same issues as me to talk to.

Last edited:
Hi Princessv71, welcome to the forum. :hello:

There are several members here who have a VNS too. Come on in and make yourself comfortable. :)

Back
Top Bottom