Hi I'm new here,I have weird seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

missamber

New
Reaction score
Hi,I've had seizures for 6 years,I was put on an antipsychotic (seroquel) and the seizures started not long after that. I can only describe my seizures as bloody horrible.
It always starts off with a smell or taste,usally smoke. Sometimes I will get mixed emotions,very happy,excited one minute then sad,terrified and depressed as in crying and suicidal. I will often end up with depersonalisation and feel like im not in my body and my body doesn't belong to me. These feelings can go on for a day or day's before physical symptoms. I'll either drop to the floor or put myself into bed,then it feels like electrical pulses running through my body,it's very painful,it can last hours. I had it all night once and was tempted to go to hospital. Then the shaking starts,seems to only be the right side of my body,i will shake mildy to violently for a few seconds at a time,the longest thats lasted is a few hours. Ill feel out of it and nauseated. After the seizure I can't walk,my balance is gone,I cant talk properly and sound drunk,my head hurts and my whole body is in agony. I've had episodes where i havd screamed into my pillow because the pain in my muscles and nerves has become so intense. I have tried different meds but none have worked. My seizures seem to sink in around my periods. I try to exercise,get enough sleep,eat healthy ect but I'm over the auras and the fact that these episodes knock me out for day's. Anyone else had seizures like this?

You mentioned that your seizures seem to start around your period. For some women, these are cateminial seizures and you need to mention this to your dr. The estrogen level in your body could be off, therefore causing your body to go into a seizure.

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/triggers-seizures/menstruation

Also, since you started Seroquel, make sure you tell the dr. about all this as some anti-psychotic drugs make seizures worse. They can also make moods worse, too. Have you had your blood count done while on this drug? Seroquel can also bring on Diabetes, so check in with your Dr. and have a CBC done.

I didn't take Seroquel, but another anti-psychotic med because of severe depression, and ended up with Type 1 Diabetes, so be VERY careful with those meds!

I hope you find an answer.

Hi missamber, welcome to CWE!

I agree with Cint, it's definitely worth reviewing the Seroquel with your doc, since it may be doing more harm than good. Are you also taking an anti-seizure med, or just the Seroquel? Either way, a change in dose or medication could potentially make a big difference in your quality of life.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom