10% off neurofeedback training for CWE members - Woodland Hills, CA
Neurofeedback Partner - Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Our House > The Foyer

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 12:07 PM
New Here

Hi! medical refractory epilepsy and complex partial seizures

Hi. Im Christine and im originally from NJ but my epilepsy has brought me out to washington state! I moved to tri cities washington in Jan 2005. I have had simple partial seizures since i was 8 and complex partial seizures since i was 12. Ive had them for nearly 22 years now. Ive been on and off assistance in NJ because they wouldn't recognize my disability. Ive applied for social security 4 times in NJ and they denied me. Now i am here as i had seen an epileptologist who told me to go to THE MAYO CLINIC. theyre in jacksonville, i know, but it was too expensive to move to fl. My sister moved here in 2001 and asked me to move by her as Harborview Medical Center is in Seattle and they are directly related to THE MAYO CLINIC. :shock: Now i am here! I am 34 yrs old and live with my mom AGAIN! I have 2 children my dd is 11 and my ds is 8. They will be going back to school in the fall and i will supplement their education and my family will be able to take care of them while im in seattle, wa.
Ive been on and off meds since 14 when they officially diagnosed me in the hospital. let me stop as I have to copy my medical records for all the docs! take care and thanks for letting me vent.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,290 Times in 817 Posts
Hi Christine, welcome to the forum.

Feel free to vent any time. It's tough when the seizures are not controlled. Let us know how it goes with the clinic.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
Closed Thread