Hi Neighbors

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3tomaras

New
Reaction score
Just signed in/on site and am posting the ME! Have had seizures all my life (mother first noticed them when I was 3 mos...but M.D. confirmed at 5 years with gran mal.) Was then put on liquid phenobarb 1 spoon at nite. Graduated/demoted to complex-partials at 12 and have been there ever since. You name it, I've taken it at one time or another. Currently on Keppra, one 500 mg. a.m. and p.m. and one 97.2 phenobarb p.m. Have not had cp in 2 months...only the simple kind w/auras. Cannot have brain surgery and am apprehensive about VNS.

Welcome to the forums!
I have absence and grand mals. I am on depakote and keppra. I also have the VNS. After I had that implanted in me, I would say my seizures are about 50% less frequent, but I still have them... often. The verdict is still out on VNS, different people have different experiences. I just wish my doctor wouldve tried more then 2 different kinds of drugs before recommending the VNS. I would read up on all you can about VNS before you make that decision. Not stuff that your doctor and Cyberonics gives you though, but read about different peoples experiences with it and then decide if you want it.

:hello: 3tom!

Welcome to CWE, we have
someone here who is very
knowledgeable about VNS,
and Birdbomb will be here
shortly not just to welcome
you; but also to provide you
some advisories as well - for
Birdy has a website in regards
VNS and there you will find
the Pros and Cons and all the
latest updates on VNS as well
as the latest FDA warnings,
etc. And in addition - make
yourself a home here!

:)

Welcome 3tomaras -
I hope you find some great reading material to incorporate into your bookcase of knowledge.

Hi 3tomaras, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom