Hiya everyone (and a quick question)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torak

New
Reaction score
I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I've had epilepsy all my life. Simple partial seizures (lots) and occasional nocturnal grand mal seizures (3 or 4 per year).

20 partial seizures in july, 35 in august, 3 so far in september (good month).

Unable to work as a result due to also having Social Anxiety Disorder and PTSD (the stress triggers partial seizures and dissociative episodes).

Currently on Pregabalin (600mg/day) which I dislike as I've put on 2 stone in weight since I started taking it (3 months ago).

I have a question though. Does anyone here have simple partial seizures in their sleep?

I'm curious how you can tell if you've had one. I had one a while back while dreaming and remember the intense buzzing feeling vividly.

Hope everyone's well.

Best wishes,
Torak.

Hi Torak, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I've had epilepsy all my life. Simple partial seizures (lots) and occasional nocturnal grand mal seizures (3 or 4 per year).

This is a very similar seizure profile to what Stacy had when I first met her. She managed to go seizure free and drug free for 4 years after 5-6 months of neurofeedback and maintaining a diet regimen similar to the low glycemic diet.

I have a question though. Does anyone here have simple partial seizures in their sleep?

Stacy used to have myoclonic jerks as she was falling asleep. The only way to know about others would be to have some sort of continuous EEG testing AFAIK.

Welcome Torak

Simple particals are the ones I mostly have and I did have them in my sleep. Although I don't recall if any invaded my dreams.

I'd wake up to find the room dimentions altered and the shape of familar things fluid and moving (hard to describe), the trembling in my right hand, or not being able to communicate with rapid breathing (not to be confused with my sleep apnea - that panting is different)

If I had them, they's wake me up, but they were rare, maybe 1-5 a month. I just remembered.....there were times I'd awaken in the morning and realize sometime during the night I had bitten through my tongue!:eek:

Hi Torak: Welcome to the board and nice meeting you. I have had epilepsy since I am 11 yrs old that makes 41 yrs with epilepsy. The past yr and half I started taking homeopathy for the epilepsy. Since the homeopathy dr couldn't get me off my meds totally, I added the gard diet and dropped my last pill.Its one month now without pills and I am doing fine. I am always surprised at how well I am doing. Drs brian washed me to beleive I need the meds. If you have any questions about homeopathy or the diet will be happy to answer your ques.

Riva

:hello: Torak

I just have nocturnal seizures.
I don't know what I'm doing most
of the time; except for what others
tell me which would range from
reflex seizures to TC, CP's.
But they're controlled with my meds
except for some isolated episodes.
Glad to have you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.