Hope

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My name is Samantha. I have been suffering from Petite Mal seizures since I was a young kid (was diagnosed at 8). Recently they have gotten worse and the aftermath has gotten worse too. I have three ways the seizures manifest themselves. After I have one, I'm confused for about a 1/2 hour and get migraines. I'm hoping this support group will help me deal with things.

Welcome Samantha

3 types of seizures? I'll bet that does keep you from getting bored of just the same type over & over.

I know I have numerous types of seizures as well. I've Been lucky in that I've only had a few Tonic/Clonics.

I'm not really sure what they are called. All I know is I have one that I lift my left leg, puff out my cheeks and hold my nose. The second type is an absence where I just stop dead in my tracks. The third is where I go deaf in my right ear and hear a pounding in my left. The third one is the only one I have any memory of, the others I have no memory I had it.

Hi Samantha, welcome!

CWE is a great place for support. I hope you feel free to wander around and explore the different forums. Make yourself at home!

Any ideas on why your seizures have worsened? Is your neurologist planning a treatment change in response?

Thanks

Thank you very mug for the suggestion... What do you think of the medications I have listed in my profile?

Nakamova, My seizures have worded because I have more stress in my life than I did back during my childhood.

Any chance you can try some stress-reduction techniques -- progressive relaxation, meditation (even 5 minutes a day can help), Sleep CDs...

Sleep deprivation and stress are my biggest triggers. The only issue with this is that I'm a college student. There's no such thing as sleep or relaxation.

Back
Top Bottom