Hopeless woman in san antonio with epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Epilepsy is not a disease! My name is Yana. I have epilepsy most of my life. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was almost 2 years old. My epilepsy was controlled for 17 years but then reappeared with a vengeance.Since 19 years old I have been fighting to keep my epilepsy under control. As of today it is not under control yet. Three meds that I take do not help me yet but I will not give up. Hopefuly I will find a solution. but where the solution lies I have no Idea. Because the doctor that is treating me right now is only stressing me to no limit. And do not listen to me and help me as I found out today. My appt went badly today.

So sorry to hear that your appointment went badly. I think that we have all had those! Hang in there. You will find what you need. maybe a new doctor to start with if that is possible. :hello:

Hi cadetepileptic, welcome!

Find a new doc. There's no point in adding to the stresses of epilepsy with a doc who is unpleasant, unhelpful, or unresponsive.

And since you've had limited success with the meds, you might want to consider a nutritional approach, or something like neurofeedback (if that's an option). Many CWE members have found that gluten-free or low-carb diets have helped decrease their seizures.

If you don't keep a seizure diary, I recommend that as well. By tracking seizure frequency and kind, as well as a range of physical/physiological/factors (nutrition, sleep, hormones, activities), you can sometimes note a pattern, or discover a trigger that affects your seizure threshold.

I hope you feel free to come here and vent when the epilepsy and/or the docs stress you out. We get it, and we're here to listen and understand.

Best,
Nakamova

my meds and what kind of seizures

I have complex partial, simple partial and generalized seizures. I have been on tegretol, lyrica, dilantin, topamax,diamox, carbatrol and keppra both.Right now I am on zonagran Trileptal and vimpat.

Back
Top Bottom