Howdy from a new member

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

beth0113

New
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Elizabeth and I have two kids with epilepsy. My daughter had attentional, learning and psychiatric problems all her life; however, her issues were chocked up to be manifestations of bipolar, adhd and/or autism spectrum. At 15, she was diagnosed with a "cerebral dysrhythmia" in her left temporal lobe, at 18 she was diagnosed as schizophrenic and at 19 she had her first witnessed seizure (from the accounts, it sounded like a drop seizure). At 20, she gave birth to a son. She left when he was two months old and I adopted him shortly thereafter. She was diagnosed with partial complex seizure disorder right before her 21st birthday. This past OCT (2015), my 2 year old son had a seizure. He was subsequently diagnosed with right temporal lobe epilepsy. He's had nocturnal seizures, cluster seizures, a tonic-clonic seizure and partial complex seizures.

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to CWE!

:hugs:
You sound like a very strong person with a lot on her plate. Make yourself at home here.

Hi, beth and welcome to CWE! Sounds like you will have a lot to offer to folks here. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Hello Beth, welcome to CWE. I completely agree, you are one strong lady and have a lot to offer the forum. Dive right in and make yourself comfy, you've come to the right place.

Back
Top Bottom