I am no longer a caretaker

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jen

New
Reaction score
Though I am no longer a caretaker for my brother. I feel as though staying and helping others who deal with such a thing would be a great honor to him. Many of you have read of our loss of Jordan. I hope that I can help many others who are just coming to understand what all is involved in such a sick disease. If you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask.

Jenna

Jenna --

Clearly you have the same spirit of kindness and compassion that your brother blessed us with here at CWE. It's great to have you here.

Best,
Nakamova

Last edited:
Oh, you

have no idea how much that will help both you, and us, I think.

We are all still in a state of shock--Jordan was such a sweet young man, whom many here thought of highly.

I think, and maybe this is a bit forward of me, but maybe it would help you, if you became an advocate for E(pilepsy). There are E advocates out there. One of the other supermods, Brain, is one, for the Epilepsy Foundation, and TinasMom, whose real name is Laura is also one, I believe. Laura had a daughter who also died of SUDEP, and her daughter's daughter (whom she and her husband have custody of) also has E.

Please, several of the members have written some poems about Jordan over at the Creative Writing Page. I've included a link--my Quick Links thing isn't working right, so I took a different route. The link will get you there just as fast. The poems are so very good....

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/groups/creative-writing-page-d129-memory-jordan.html

Take care, and many hugs,

Meetz
:rock:

Jen, you'll be his big sister for ever. He would have been so proud of you.

Being a mom to a special needs son with severe epilepsy my heart goes out to you and your parents. Like you I know being a caregiver to your son and brother is a very special experience.

Welcome to our community. Wish the reason to join was another one.

I'll remember your brother as a very special young man.

Last edited:
Thank you Jen so much for informing us of your loss. My husband was amazed by that he hadn't thought of getting on here if anything was to ever happen to me, now he will.

I thought your bother was a wonderful young man. I too lost loved ones to SUDEP. Both my father and grandfather and yet with that family history I couldn't get Doctors to believe me that I had it to. It finally took having a seizure in front of a doctor to get the referral.

I had surgery in June and have been seizure free ever since and am embarking on joining The Epilepsy Foundation to help others especially the kids and their parents. I have a feeling you will be honoring Jordan in a similar way for the rest of your life.

I hope you spend time with us here and that we may be able to ease your pain in some small way. Bless you and your family.

Thank you all for the welcomes. My family is very thankful for the impact you made in Jordan's life. I'm sure i'll feel the same.

Jen,

I normally greet new members with a cup of coffee. :cheers:

In your case, I would like to greet you with an understanding shoulder to lean on. All of us here have fought our battles against E. However, it is those that suffer such a tragic loss that really need the support. We will be here for you in the future.

We even have a room called the Padded Room. It was created to serve as a place to let go your anger and sorrow. It is a place to vent. No one judges anything you say in that room. We all understand that at times it has to come out. The Padded Room is a safe place to let it go. Feel free to scream in there, I have more than once.

Hopefully, we can be a place for you and your family in the future. Maybe we can shed just a little light on this damn thing that took Jordan from you.

In the meantime, have that cup of coffee, come in and rest your heart, have a seat among Jordan's 'other' family and you will be welcomed with open arms.

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom