I have Epilepsy, but I am not just an Epileptic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckeyeFan

Grandpa
Reaction score
:cheers:

Hello,

I have had tonic-clonic seizures since the age of 20 and am now 46. I count myself as one of the lucky ones right now. I take Phenytek and Keppra which have controlled the t/c seizures for 4+ years. I still have some limited auras, but mostly struggle with the high dosage of meds that I take.

My favorite saying lately has been, "I have Epilepsy, but I am not just an Epileptic". I am a husband, father, grandpa, father-in-law, son, and brother. I am an accountant, former EMT, and volunteer in many organizations. I like reading, playing basketball, golfing, and I LOVE football. I am a friend, neighbor, co-worker, and usually a pretty decent guy. I can be quite emotional and very patriotic. I enjoy spending time with others as long as I can be alone when I am overwhelmed and have a chance to gather myself.

I will tell you about how bad of a procrastinator I am when I get around to it. Maybe tomorrow or next week.

I tell you all of this because I hope that in addition to helping each other with our E, we can also see that we are all much more than victims of this horrible disease. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Later threads will talk about my E history, current symptoms, and why my wife is my hero.

:hello: Buckeye Fan!

:D

I like the Buckeyes & Browns & Reds.

;)

My deceased father, his father, and his
father - are all Cleveland Natives. *grins*

Glad to have you here at CWE!

PS: I'm not a Football Fan, I'm a
RABID Football-A-Holic!
:roflmao:

Hi BuckeyeFan, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. Glad you have a sense of humor. We're known to make a few jokes in here...

Brain - I will forgive you for the Cleveland heritage. :roflmao:

204 days until the next Ohio State game!!!

I watch high school on Friday, college on Saturday, and NFL on Sunday and Monday. Funny thing is I never played football in school. I was a cross country runner. That was in my life prior to E.

Brain - I will forgive you for the Cleveland heritage. :roflmao:

204 days until the next Ohio State game!!!

I watch high school on Friday, college on Saturday, and NFL on Sunday and Monday. Funny thing is I never played football in school. I was a cross country runner. That was in my life prior to E.

No worries ... You're
forgiven too ...

I'm a 100% Genuine Florida Native,
multiple generations - mother's side.
I'm a 'nole Fan too!

:pfft:

Welcome kind sir. We love football around here too. College more than NFL. The sport we love most, is whatever sport our kids are playing at the moment. :) I was big into athletics as a kid, so much so that my step-mom called me "jock Strap'.

Hi Buckeyefan!!

Go Bucks!:woot:
I can't say I am a huge fan of any football team, but I am planning on going to college there. And they are the only good team in Ohio...:pfft:
My mom absolutely loves the Buckeyes and the Reds.

Bee

Ohio State is a great choice. It is much, much more than a football team. 50,000 students and 49,900 don't play football. They have a lot to offer. I am personally a Wright State grad, but they don't have much of a sports program to follow.

Best of luck in your studies. Maybe you will be the one to find the cure to E!!! :rock:

Welcome BuckeyeFan

Sorry I don't share you passion for football. About the only game I watch is the Superbowl and that's just for the silly commercials.

But now Old Man ( my term of endearment for my hubby ) LOVES arena football, never misses a game. I just don't know if he has a fav or not. :embarrassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom