I'm a newbie!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick 'hello' to everyone here!

I've been living with Epilepsy for about 11 years now and never really realized how isolated I have been...until I saw the community that exists here.

I have jumped between medications in the past (Eppival; Lamotrogine; Keppra) and have had my frustrations with doctors over-prescribing, ER staff not taking my post-seizure conditions seriously, social stigmas towards epileptics, etc. And it has always been my unique burden to struggle with. It is so wonderful to be able to read and relate to the similar stories of others on this site, and to know that I can eventually share some stories of my own.

Welcome!!!
You have found a great place to hang out!
Glad you are here!:woot:

Welcome greenshoe88

I know the issues with seizures and doctors well.

This has been the most supportive place I've found yet. Even better there's some excellent information & reference material here (check the library).

Meanwhile, make yourself at home & check the place out. We've even got a padded room where you can vent your frustrations. I haven't used it yet but I think it's such a great idea to have one.

Thanks so much @hootie and @epileric!!

I have taken a look at the 'padded room' forum - great idea! I think I just may have to return to vent some frustrations there at some point. Haha.

Welcome to CWE greenshoe -
I hope you find the support here that you were missing... I know I have.

Welcome! Make yourself at home!

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom