Just had my 2nd Tonic Clonic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

recall92

New
Reaction score
newbie with Tonic Clonics

Hi I just had my 2nd tonic clonic. My first experience was in Feb 2010. Ok this is what happened. I can only remember a little phase of what happened. I remember my 2 brothers holding me and not letting me go because I was trying to get up but I'm sure I wanted to break free because I was so exhausted. They were just concerned I would walk off some where and fall over. But I was screaming and cussing them out and trying to hit 1 of my brothers.
How could I be screaming and cussing them out during a seizure? Also I was angry and kicked the glass table over in my lounge. I can't remember doing that at all but don't understand why I would do that. Any answers please.

Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Often seizures originate in areas of the brain related to strong emotions like anger or fear, so that could be one reason for your behavior during the seizure. And you have to remember that a seizure can be a bit like sleepwalking -- your brain is playing out some random scenario caused by misfiring neurons but your conscious self isn't there to take control.

Can you think of any particular trigger for this seizure? Are you on meds?

I am only epilim. I think my trigger is being worried. For example when I keep thinking its going to happen it happens. The doctor told me the cause of this seizure could also be from a result of not taking meds right. Eg I should be taking em 9am-9pm. I have been taking em morning and night but not at 12 hour intervals. Also I have not been having 8 hour sleeps and keeping myself hydrated.

There is an extended release version of Epilim. It's meant to help when you are sensitive to the when the med is at its lowest level in your system. You might ask your doctor about trying it.

I've had TC seizures where I've pushed, hit, screamed at others and then do not remember any of it when I regain consciousness. Over the years, I've had to keep increasing my medications in order to help control the seizures. My seizures start in my left temporal lobe.

I hope you find something that will help you.

hello and welcome to the forums. its a good place.

your experience might have been as it was because you were being held down. for my first TC, my mom held me down and i turned aggressive and violent. they shuldnt hold you down. ust move sharp objects away from you.

but its okay. its normal for 1st TC. you have never had one and its your families first time being expeosed to it so no one knew what was going on. its all good and you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom