Coping With Epilepsy Medikidz Comic Book Explains Epilepsy
Sponsored Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Our House > The Foyer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Joined the Party

newbie with Tonic Clonics

Hi I just had my 2nd tonic clonic. My first experience was in Feb 2010. Ok this is what happened. I can only remember a little phase of what happened. I remember my 2 brothers holding me and not letting me go because I was trying to get up but I'm sure I wanted to break free because I was so exhausted. They were just concerned I would walk off some where and fall over. But I was screaming and cussing them out and trying to hit 1 of my brothers.
How could I be screaming and cussing them out during a seizure? Also I was angry and kicked the glass table over in my lounge. I can't remember doing that at all but don't understand why I would do that. Any answers please.

Much appreciated

Last edited by recall92; 08-12-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,341 Times in 5,421 Posts
Often seizures originate in areas of the brain related to strong emotions like anger or fear, so that could be one reason for your behavior during the seizure. And you have to remember that a seizure can be a bit like sleepwalking -- your brain is playing out some random scenario caused by misfiring neurons but your conscious self isn't there to take control.

Can you think of any particular trigger for this seizure? Are you on meds?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Joined the Party

I am only epilim. I think my trigger is being worried. For example when I keep thinking its going to happen it happens. The doctor told me the cause of this seizure could also be from a result of not taking meds right. Eg I should be taking em 9am-9pm. I have been taking em morning and night but not at 12 hour intervals. Also I have not been having 8 hour sleeps and keeping myself hydrated.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 7,341 Times in 5,421 Posts
There is an extended release version of Epilim. It's meant to help when you are sensitive to the when the med is at its lowest level in your system. You might ask your doctor about trying it.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:14 AM
CWE Supporter

Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,056 Posts
I've had tonic clonic seizures where I've pushed, hit, screamed at others and then do not remember any of it when I regain consciousness. Over the years, I've had to keep increasing my medications in order to help control the seizures. My seizures start in my left temporal lobe.

I hope you find something that will help you.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Weaving the Community Fabric

hello and welcome to the forums. its a good place.

your experience might have been as it was because you were being held down. for my first tonic clonic, my mom held me down and i turned aggressive and violent. they shuldnt hold you down. ust move sharp objects away from you.

but its okay. its normal for 1st tonic clonic. you have never had one and its your families first time being expeosed to it so no one knew what was going on. its all good and you will be fine.