Just updating..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Just wanted to do an update.. if you want to leave any comments feel free to.. :)

Well since my first update.. i had 2 "EP fits" but and i am starting to see a pattern in them.. well not in what i eat and drink.. but i know that i usually have them on fridays around 730 or 8 pm..

I went yesterday to have my MRI and i go Thursday to get my results and i am really nervous :/ ... trying not to be.. i was talking to some of my family about how you always fear the worse when you hope nothing is wrong? why is it you always just to the wrose case? Most of the stories i have read about people they don't know whats wrongs with them.. or they don't ever figure out why their EP started.. so i most likely won't either.. atleast not with this DR.. if there is nothing on this MRI then i am going to a new DR due to the fact i told him a bout a numb spot on my leg in Aug 2011 and he just brushed it off and its still numb.. so i am prob going to be looking for a new DR soon..

You might want to write down any questions you have for your doc when you see him on Thursday. I hope it goes well -- keep us posted.

Yeah i have been meaning to start a journal.. one for food and one for EP.. i think i will make a call and have some pick on up for me when they home..

I will keep you posted.. i think it really helps being able to post on here.. i talk to my family and sometimes they look at me like i am stupid or like they just dont understand what is going on or like just dont believe me :/ ...

I know posting on here is really good. Alot of people are going through the same things that you are and people with out epilepsy have a hard time understanding what you are trying to describe.

Do you work during the week? Having the stress of the work week end, on Friday, could have something to do with it. Stress is a huge seizure trigger for me. Keeping a journal is the best thing to do. I also keep a sort of diary too with things that I do in general to see if one of them could have triggered a seizure.

I also have a numb spot on my leg, my right calf. It feels like it's asleep and it's just about all the time. It's been going on for at least 2 years, maybe longer now. (bad memory)

I had really bad back problems for years, very bad pain. I'd gone to just about every single dr that helps with those problems and had all sorts of tests done but nothing worked. They also related the numb calf with the back problems. I asked my neuro about it too and he said it was probably related to my back.

I started seeing a chiropractor this summer and after about a month my back is great, no pain at all. But my calf is still numb. Usually not as bad as it was before I started to see him but it's still there.

Have either of you ever supplemented with magnesium?

Some of your symptoms made me think of magnesium deficiency.
You might put the two into a Google search and see what results you get.

Some of your symptoms made me think of magnesium deficiency.
You might put the two into a Google search and see what results you get.

Here are the symptoms I found for magnesium deficiency.

Symptoms

Symptoms of magnesium deficiency include: hyperexcitability, dizzyness, muscle weakness and fatigue.[1] Severe magnesium deficiency can cause hypocalcemia, low serum potassium levels (hypokalemia), retention of sodium, low circulating levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH), neurological and muscular symptoms (tremor, muscle spasms, tetany), loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, personality changes [2] and death from heart failure.[3] Magnesium plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism and its deficiency may worsen insulin resistance, a condition that often precedes diabetes, or may be a consequence of insulin resistance.[4] Deficiency can cause irregular heart beat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_deficiency_(medicine)

Back
Top Bottom