Just wondering

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone;
I should have asked this question to my Neurologist but of course I didn't think of it until now. Is it normal for those people who have Hallucinations ; to have the same Hallucination again. The second time that i had it, it was a bit more intense but same senario. If anyone can let me know. Thanks!

There's no particular "normal" for hallucinations -- anything goes. Is it very specific content that is repeated? Does the content have particular meaning for you? That could be one reason for the repetition. Another possibility is that the first hallucination has become a strong memory for you, and so it is likely to be "replayed".

Hi Nakamova;
Well, the first episode was bits and pieces of a memory from when I was getting a massage from my RMT. I thought it was just a weird dream. The second one was the same scenerio, but more intense- feeling of drifting in and out of conciousness, hearing a voice suggesting me to relax, seeing and hearing myself making strange noises, hearing myself trying to figure out why i was doing this ,etc. The second time it happened, i knew exactly what was going to happen and it DID! It is like a timed scenerio. The only difference to the second time it happened was that she asked me if she could work on my other arm and me feeling like i might of blacked out for a second or two. Anyways, it still haunts me from time to time. Hopefully i will get some answers soon. All this could be just a dream, but my Neurologist is still going ahead going to give me some tests.

I also forgot , the MAIN difference is that bits of this scenerio (audio); i was hearing this, as she was giving me the massage. It wasn't very loud, but definitely heard it. I was just sitting there thinking to myself, this is INTERESTING. I didn't at the time have any visual hallucination of this scenerio. But then 2 weeks later, i had this SAME HALLUCINATION-visually and audioally. Hopefully this explains my last post. Basically the second time it happened....there was no visual, just audio at the time of the massage. However, i KNEW EXACTLY what she was going to say and do before it happened. Very WEIRD!!!!!!

Maybe it could also have a component of deja vu, which can be a form of simple partial seizure.

Yes, that's probably what happened. That's what the Neurologist said. But he is kinda wondering about the Hallucinations because that is more of a Schizophrenia thing. My birth mom did/does have Schizophrenia, so maybe theres a slight chance, but HIGHLY DOUGHT That it is. He didn't seem to worried about that.

I hope the disconcerting symptoms don't come back. If you're sensitive to alcohol (as you mention on your other thread), maybe give it a miss for a while.

Sometimes I get hallucination /dreamlike states as part of my partial seizures. Sometimes they feel like they're really happening and they are usually the same. If you are aware they are hallucinations you probably don't have schizophrenia. As far as I understand most people with schizophrenia don't realize they are having hallucinations.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info. K. So probably it might be a simple partial seizure. I will hopefully know more sometime in the near future. Thanks to Nakamova too! I will let you know more when i get some news. Thanks again!

I had my MRI today. Just want to know if it is normal to have blurry vision while having it?. Everything got blurry for bits of it.

I have hallucinations too, like, parable-rebus sort of experiences though, involving real people and experiences

My eyes have been closed during my MRIs so I wouldn't have noticed if my vision was blurry. Did yours get blurry during the scan, and stay blurry afterwards? It might be a reaction to clanging sound.

Hi Nakamova;
My eyes got blurry during the MRI through bits and pieces of it. Just seemed to be just one certain sound (tone) that was played several different times. All i know was, it was like being sucked into or having a warped feeling into a sort of weightless feeling. I looked around and all i saw was white that matched the ceiling. I couldn't see that cage thing that they put over me (my head) while it was happening. Then when that certain sound was done, my eyes cleared up. It was weird.

Another possibility: High blood pressure or sudden changes in blood pressure can cause temporary blurry vision.

k, that might be a possibility. Thanks. I usually have low blood pressure (but still in the normal range). So maybe my blood pressure was on the rise or changing because of all the different noises.

Back
Top Bottom