keppra and lamotrigine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi aqua2red,

Welcome to CWE! I've tried both the keppra and the Lamictal and I didn't have much luck the keppra gave me a terrible temper and it increased my seizures while the lamictal caused a rash on my skin after 4 days of being on the drug. I later had a DNA test done and found out I was drug resistant to all seizure meds out on the market now so my Epileptologist put me on cbd oil (medical marijuana) and I am amazed at how that has decreased my seizures a lot. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Porkette
I've been on Lamotrigine and keppra for 5 years now, but I was put on carbamazepine and lamotrigine but my liver didn't like the carbamazepine because my enzymes went high so my neurlogist put me on keppra instead

Hi. I've tried them--it turned out that I was allergic to both, too. Keppra caused such terrible stomach cramps that I was doubled over in pain. Lamictil caused a rash to start to break out on my upper back. If I knew it was chemically related to Tegretol (which I had a severe allergic to), I probably wouldn't have even tried it.

I'm on Lamotrigine and keppra along with depakote. I have some of the side effects of all three but not serious. Everyone is different so if you start taking them and have any problems let your neuro know.

Back
Top Bottom