keppra rage triggerin seizures??????

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

i noticed problems like suicidal depression within the first week other's milage varies with it I guess.
currently i take dilantin without too many adverse effects everyone is different.

I just started Keppra 2 weeks ago and so far everythings good. Just curious but how long into taking keppra did this start happening? This is the first im hearing about "keppra rage" and now it has me thinking...

well, every one is different. so what happens to one person may not happen to others..

in my case, the first week or 2 it felt quite good. i think the severe personality changes started about 2 or 3 months into it. i only recognize that it was the keppra-rage now, that it's after the fact.

my advice, just take it easy. get lots of rest. be liberal with sick days. if you notice you are getting really irate and flying off the handle, fake a stomach flu and stay home or something.

Kepprage

I can totally understand what Keppra does to your mental state. I would turn into a lunatic with all my employees my family ect.. I would fly off the handle at the slightest thing and everyone was walking on eggshells around me. Also I was still having Gran Mals every 3-6 months. I was on full dose mixed with topomax and still having Gran Mals. So finally my wife spoke with the doc and told him I was acting like a maniac and he weaned me off keppra and onto Lamictal. That was the right combo until I lowered my topomax...but thats another story. The other odd thing was I didn't realize I was having the rage bouts? Also the seizures were way longer and they were in different stages and I could hardly remember the events. I know this is the most common anti-siesure drug used but it was one I had wished to be off sooner than I was.......:twocents:

Back
Top Bottom