keppra and vimpat, easy bruising

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

shan81

New
Reaction score
Hi again.. Its Shannon.. I posted something last week about my meds, Im on Keppra and Vimpat and I am bruising really easy.. But the vimpat is actually helping.. I have awful side effects to everything I have been on except the Keppra and I thought I was doing good with Vimpat so I dont know.. anyone else have this issue? is it serious? or am I good??

It's always better to get something checked out if you're unsure. I'm pretty sure there was a side effect on Vimpat that was something to do with bruising easily though. I'll just go check.

Edit #1 -
Stop using Vimpat and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

double vision;

feeling like you might pass out;

fast or pounding heartbeats, fluttering in your chest;

feeling short of breath;

fever, skin rash, swollen glands, flu symptoms;

bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;

nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or

lower back pain, cloudy or bloody urine, swelling, rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual.

http://www.drugs.com/vimpat.html

The same was also said about Keppra. I suppose it would depend though on whether you are talking about bruises randomly appearing when you haven't hurt yourself in any way or if it's just bruising a little more than normal when you've had a bit of a knock.

It's still always best to get it checked out though if you're worried.

Last edited:
Yea I called Walgreens and the pharmacist said he dont see anything in their system about it and he told me to keep taking it until I get ahold of my dr I should talk to her today or tomorrow at the latest.. I am just so sick of all these side effects I always have awful side effects to everything except the keppra I just dont know if they are gonna find a medicine that wont give me side effects.. its so stressful

I told the pharmacist about that website and he still said he didnt see anything in his and to hold off until I talk to my dr.

I always have awful side effects to everything except the keppra I just dont know if they are gonna find a medicine that wont give me side effects.. its so stressful

I have exactly the same problem! I have little to no side effects from Keppra but every other one i've tried has been a nightmare!

omg me too! and the ones that I have usually are not not little side effects they are big pain in the butt side effects Its drives me insane.. what medications have you been on?

Back
Top Bottom