Kinda late getting here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Yeah so I went straight to the padded room to complain before properly introducing myself. I'm a musician. When I was nine, in 1977, I sustained a concussion that led to my E. I had many partials after that, but was not diagnosed until 2004. Now I have Tonic Clonc, Simple Partial, complex, occasion Grand-Mals and hospitalization. Things have not been all roses, and there's lot's of discrimination and very little support out there. I have been exploring the site and reading posts, and it's nice to be somewhere where others speak my language. This is the first communication I have ever had with anyone with our affliction, so thanks for your attention.

Awright!!!

Good to have another musician. We've got a few on the site- I Hope you've checked out Spebers Auditorium here.

Welcome to CWE Ron.
I agree with you. It is nice to talk to others that have an idea of what we are dealing with.

Curious as to why it took so long for you to get a diagnosis? Were the partials few and far between?

Kinda new getting here.

Hi Robin. The daytime partials were few and far between, but I had periods lasting many years when I would have regular seizures in my sleep. Don't lot's of people go years without being diagnosed? I can't begin to tell you what the psychological effects are like, finding out after all this time. One of the worst things might be the realization of the impact it's had on me, and everything that could have been. This is where the padded room comes in handy, right?

Back
Top Bottom