For the ladies

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hi cher1985

are you on genetic keppra or the branded ones , amys on lamactal and the genetic keppra

hi cher1985

are you on genetic keppra or the branded ones , amys on lamactal and the genetic keppra

I'm on generic keppra, as well as generic lamactal.

they are working good together(thank God).

hi , thats good im still a bit newish to all the drugs , what genetic and whats branded . amys seziures are diffrent now.

At first just absence seziures then t/c .

She also use to have warnings , not the case now . But she has noticed before her attacks her heart is racing she feels like its about to explode

She also use to have warnings , not the case now . But she has noticed before her attacks her heart is racing she feels like its about to explode.
Heart racing can be a form of simple partial seizure, so that might be what's going on. The heart racing (simple partial as aura), followed by a tonic-clonic.

thankyou nakamova , i seem to get more information on this site than the doctors and nurses ,

The heart racing which amy explains that its like a panic attack , can this be contolled before an attack or is it a case of when it happens and be prepared

Just one more question,are meds for certain seziures types .

thanks for the links, it was very interesting , better make sure i have plenty of papper for my printer

good news for once , amys mri scan of her brain as come back good , hopefully things can settle now the merina is in , her toes are healing good . fingers crossed 2013 will be good . Keep positive my freind says and i will . Hope 2013 will be a great new start for all wether you are the person with epilepsy or some one who loves a freind or family member with epilepsy x
huge hugs and kisses
sharron and amy xx

Fingers-crossed indeed! Hope all goes well for you and Amy in the new year.

Amy meets a new doctor this week , her previous dr has now retired . Maybe a new pair of eyes might just be the ticket . But so far all has been good since dec 7th .

Amy went to see her new doctor, only to find he was in another hospital , she was not the only patient waiting for him/her . Not a good start to the new year

Thank you Jonsey for this information. My daughter is currently taking birth control which has just recently been prescribed for her about 4 months ago. It seems to be working pretty well for her although she has had 3 seizures this entire weekend. I may have to ask her Dr. about this medication you are talking about to see if that is an option. Hope Amy is feeling better soon.

hi anglesmom

Amy had the depo for a while but was having break throughs , the rescue med worked well, amy was only aloud to take it if she had the symtoms of her cycle. But being on the depo we couldnt give a time when this was due , but she has had the merina fitted which is more realiable . Good results on the merina so far has amy had the symptoms that go with the time of the month but no seziures linked to her cycle . hope this helps

just a little up date, tomorrow (7th march ) amy has been seziure free for three whole months , still earlie days i no but fingers crossed we are on the right path , with the merina and keppra being introduced .

That's so terrific! Congrats to you both. :)

hi , i havnt been postiing much on the forum , sometimes i think if i dare say (seziure free ) something happens. But i cant contain it any longer . Amy has been seziure free from december 7th . Yesterday amy met her new doctor in the hospital. Its the first time in years that amy has left the hospital positive she really likes him.

He listened to her and for the first time had agreed with amy that during her cylcle there is a link .

He is so pleased with her , that he wants to discharge her from the hospital in the next few months. Amys not to keen on that so until she is happy in hersellf he wont. There was one more recomendation as well , he wants to leave it till she is (fingers crossed )12 months free , and reduce her meds .

That's great to hear jonsey, thanks for the positive update! having a doctor that you and your daughter feel comfortable with can be key. Fingers-crossed for the 12-month milestone...

there is also a new boy on the horizon , i havnt met him as yet , but he makes her smile, which is a first . Amy never told him about her condition , her experiences being honsest has not helped her relasionships . But on a night out he seen her meds and is well aware what they are for , as a close member of his family is on the same meds as amy . Hopefully 2013 is going to be good .

Im so gratefull for all the advice and support that me and amy have received.

hi , I haven't been on the site for a while , since the end of July , amy has had a couple of seizure's , this was due to her life style , you no pushing the boundaries . Today I got a call in work , amy has had a seizure , it was a vague sort of conversation, When I arrived at amys work place , amy was sitting quite. her manager started to explain what had happened , basically a steel door from the industrial dish washer fell on the back of her head . Amy is adamant that she felt fine before the accident , she remembers feeling shaky and was physically sick after the door fell down on her, but her colleague said that when she was coming around she was making growling noises , so I think she did have a seizure after the bump to her head . we are home now , no visit to the hospital , there is no usual symptom's after a seizure . she's not tired , no headache . she does have a bump the size of a golf ball , other than that you wouldn't think anything has happened. I'm wondering that the bump to her head did make her seize , because she is so adamant she felt fine

Back
Top Bottom