Lamotrigine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Have you ever felt "brain-tired"? Might sound silly but some days my brain just feels worn out and tired.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I think I know what you mean. It's a different feeling to being exhausted or drained.
I can sit in the same place and not do anything for hours, just stare away into space when I get "brain tired"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I getting in a stew is 200mg the maximum a day BC I been taking 400mg a day.i not seen neurologist for about 6yrs Because I moved and the effort etc.first time I read instructions I know this been foolish leave it so long I just put faith in doctor.i wondering if I should cut it down myself in light of them stopping make 200mg will it make me Ill .Be on waiting list so long see nurologist over a year.should I take 200mg in morning or 100 morning and night.is knocking off 200mg safe or bring it down slowly say 50mg for week or so until I taking just the 200mgs a day.
I got brain scarring and lowery spots has taking to much caused this.I should looked into this before such idiot..do anyone on here taken mor than 200mg a day

I'm on 300mg 300mg day, 150mg in morning 150mg in the evening.

But you should see a neuro, all new patients need to be seen within a three month period.
So you shouldnt have to wait long. X

Here's another quick question, does your neurologist get you to do blood work while on lamotrigine?

I just had my level checked this week after an extremely long simple partial. The level was 7.9 so over the next 2 weeks I will increase from 500mg to 550mg.

I just had my level checked this week after an extremely long simple partial. The level was 7.9 so over the next 2 weeks I will increase from 500mg to 550mg.
How many different meds are you on? I am only on lamotrigine 150mg twice a day and I have never had my levels checked.

How many different meds are you on? I am only on lamotrigine 150mg twice a day and I have never had my levels checked.

Only lamotrigine. She mentioned last month that it might be time to add a second drug. I'm resisting that.

Are your seizures well controlled? If so that might be the reason for not checking your level.

Only lamotrigine. She mentioned last month that it might be time to add a second drug. I'm resisting that.

Are your seizures well controlled? If so that might be the reason for not checking your level.
They are controlled, but I have probably had about three or four "auras" in the last year. I've had l'm walking on air feeling. The "whoa that didn't feel right" and then it's gone. Never told anybody though.

Maybe if they were uncontrolled they would check it, but since it is controlled they don't do the blood tests?
I personally have never been seizure free for more than ten days, since I started getting them at 15 anyway.
Then I always got tested

Maybe if they were uncontrolled they would check it, but since it is controlled they don't do the blood tests?
I personally have never been seizure free for more than ten days, since I started getting them at 15 anyway.
Then I always got tested

I don't think I either (more than 10 days). I'm glad they are simple partials but so many of them come in waves and last for hours or a day or 2. Last big one lasted at least 45 minutes straight but I had taken my sleeping meds before it started and fell asleep after 45 minutes. I was able to talk to my husband the entire time and document everything that was occurring with my laptop. Lot of spelling errors though. That is the reason for the increase in meds. I am thinking about going to the ER if I have one like that but I doubt they will do anything.

Back
Top Bottom