A little edgy today and decided to join.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

N Sperlo

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
My name is Nick, but I often go by Sper.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was about 16 after having dozens of petit-mal seizures a day. Eleven years later, I'm doing ok. I've had my ups and downs, but I don't like to dwell on yesterday. I'd like to look forward to tomorrow.

I work a lot. I'm a security officer, salesman, and have a radio show. I don't mind talking about them, but have to stay general on the security job.

I am married and have a lot of hobbies. I'm a gearhead who spends time at the track and I like to go out myself and race a little. I do a lot of photography. Mostly cars, scenery, and sometimes i toss some pretty girls into the mix. Tasteful of course. :D I play video games. Racing and shooters mostly. I am a firearms owner and enjoy shooting when I get the chance. I have spent plenty of afternoons and nights on the driveway, drinking St Louis beers and wrenching on one of my many vehicles from a 1/2 ton truck all the way down to a go kart. I also enjoy having a nice bonfire in the back yard. I'm not big at hanging out at bars, but I do enjoy going out with friends and playing wiffle ball in one of our local taverns.

I am eager to share and learn on a new forum. I spend a lot of time during the day at a well known racing forum, but decided to jump over to another so that I can be helped and hopefully I can help others.

One goal of mine is to show others with epilepsy that we can do whatever we want as long as we work for it.

NGU. Never Give Up.

(Feel free to ask me anything you want. I'm not easily insulted and I'm very open.)

- Sper

NGU... nice i like that... known better by people with e than almost anyone in the world. we HAVE to keep going, keep doing. we don't become terminal nor can we be cured... life is just supposed to be lived as normally as we can, no matter how many seizures. NGU!

WELCOME mike, you'll love it here. best site i've ever found and many friends... as well as tons of research and knowledge :)

Hi Sper, welcome to CWE. :hello:

The "dinner party" never ends here. Make yourself at home. :)

"eager to share and learn"

sounds familiar ;)

warm welcome Sper.

Glad u have joined us......we can never have enough of learning from each other...

welcome gear head :) haha! enjoy everything, and love your moto NGU! great attitude with something that can has and will make most of us drop to the floor (no pun itended) i mean emotionaly not physically, nice to see a fellow positive energy.
~Holly

Thanks guys. I try to keep that energy positive. Just heard back from the doc. Were gonna play with the meds again. Wish me luck. :D

Welcome to cwe. Your life sounds pretty cool, and your attitude even better. Ngu. :D

Thanks agian, everybody.

QueenieKP, when people join up in a paranormal group, my line is usually, "Welcome to the circus." Makes me laugh. :D

My favorite introduction line is, now, "just call me spacy" or something along those lines. :D It breaks the ice well enough.

Welcome to the lovely group! I think learning about seizures is one of the most fascinating things here. There are so many different types with different symptoms it's very interesting.

Sassi, I really compare it to learning about vehicles. There are so many types and each one has its minor differences and quirks. Very fascinating indeed. I think I was going to say more, but I was mesmerized my your fabulousness.

Hi there!! Welcome and make yourself at home. Kick off your shoes and get comfy :)

Back
Top Bottom