longest amount time your sz's been controlled

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I know we've all controlled for different of times.
1.a day
2. month
3.1-3 months
4.6 month
5.8-15 months
6.never
7.refractory and praying
8. fed ud

you may choose up to two

I wont give up becausethat would be giving up on myself,
Some people don't understand how I don't get embarrassed if I have a sz I can't help it.

3. 1-3 months 7. Praying

I don't think that I am refactory.

Good post and thread. It will be interesting to see what others say.

(knocking hard on that wood as I say) - 18+ months after RTLS.

Even if I reach 24 months, I'll probably keep on my AED for another 3yrs to be certain.
I come so far to have it all fall apart now.

Hopefully everyone here can find the right combination of treatments that can help them
become seizure free. Be it AEDs, surgery, supplements, diet, Neurofeedback, etc.
Just as long as it works to improve the quality of life.

When on full dose meds, fully controlled for years at a time. Just trying to find a way to get that control with less/no meds.

About 6 months after he started on the keto diet and all meds were weaned off.

Sadly, I have to think back to the time following my first surgery, a Temporal Lesionectomy in 2000, following the surgery, there were to follow five magical years seizure free! Not even an aura. I passed my driving test first time, got a new job, and my life began again, until that is, 2005 when it just inexplicably began all over again, and nobody could ever tell me why. We just have to keep positive.

For the first 9 months after my daughter was diagnosed she was seizure-free. Then they came back and got worse.

Since then she has maybe had at most 3-4 weeks between minor seizures (auras); her longest break between "bigger" seizures was the 3 1/2 months this fall that was just broken when she had a bad seizure on 11/17. It was a focal seizure, not the grand mals she was having a year ago, but it was a really bad one.

She is considered refractory.

I never answered this myself very good Belinda

7. refractory and praying

longest I've gone sz free is 4 1/2 months in 2013

Like my user name 8. fed up with it, do not remember how long I was ever seizure free.

None of the options apply to me.
I went 21 years until they returned when I was 24.
Then I went 4 weeks without a simple partial & about 5 months without a complex partial.
After my surgery I went 2 years seizure free until I started having focal seizures again in 2013.
Since then the best I've gone is 7 weeks

6 and 8 are mine. I think the longest I've gone is about 2 1/2 weeks, and that's rare!

I'm a lucky one, I've been seizure-free about 7 years now on Lamotrigine (not counting a minor blip here or there). I wish I could wave a magic wand and make that happen for everyone. You guys are so strong, but I wish you didn't have to be.

I guess I really don't know.

I went 9 years without a t/c and considered myself seizure free, but I was actually having simple partials all the time.

8. I'm definitely Fed Up.

I have been seizure free since 2002, before I don't know how many I had. I likely say three or four a week. I am controlled under meds, but I continue to have auras at the most unexpected times. Highest stress periods I'm fine and all of a sudden I feel like I'm walking on air about a foot off of the ground. I'll be on medication the rest of my life due to suspected scar tissue on brain and the lack of understanding of what may have caused my seizures. The neurologist is content to leave me on lamotrigine as long as there are no issues.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Like my user name 8. fed up with it, do not remember how long I was ever seizure free.
Hey Fed up
Sorry that your seizures are that bad. Some of these post help me appreciate my situation but wish your's was better. Do you mind if I pray for you as I am a man that believes in prayer.
I guess I really don't know.

I went 9 years without a t/c and considered myself seizure free, but I was actually having simple partials all the time.

8. I'm definitely Fed Up.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom