Low blood sugar and seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jeanbean

Stalwart
Reaction score
I've had low blood sugar most of my life at times hypoglycemia and just deal with it by eating better, peanut butter etc. I've noticed that over the years I've had seizures and think I'm having low blood sugar. Any one experience this? Thanks, Jeanne

I think low blood sugar was one of the contributing factors in the initial onset of my seizures. I also think it was a factor when a particular anti-seizure med (Zonisamide) gave me low blood sugar and I had a big seizure. (I've since switched off that med).

yes, i have night time seizures because of high sodium and low bloow sugar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom