Motor strip, Jacksonian March seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sim3182

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I joined today. I am looking to connect with others that have similar seizures since I have not met someone in person with a similar seizure type. One thing I have learned is that there are soooo many types and situations. I have simple partial seizures that travel along the motor strip. It is called the Jacksonian March. For me they start in my left foot, travel to my trunk, then arms and then the face. Sometimes only the foot and others will travel all the way. Even though they affect my whole body they are called simple since I remember everything? I do not consider these simple. lol Anyone out there? I look to hearing from you.

I don't have the Jacksonian March but welcome to CWE.

It's always great to get a variety of people & seizures here.

Hi! I just am now searching for Jacksonian seizures and saw this thread. Back in March of last year, I started to experience the same thing. I would get symptoms like the following: my seizures start out with a feeling that something isnt right, my heart begins to race, my stomach feels sick, and i get a feeling of fear that overcomes me. I start to get tingling in my left hand and foot which works its way up my body to my face, where it feels like a million needles are attaching the roof of my mouth. My head turns to the right and my body stiffens and I begin to jerk. They last around a minute or so. Afterwords I feel tired, weak and have a headache.

I have had the same thing. Mine start in my Left hand travel up my arm across my face and down my right arm. I remember the first time it happened I went to the er because I had no clue what it was. Called an ask a nurse line and they said to get to the ER. Er thought it was a heart attack did and EKG and foud every thing normal. DUH!

Back
Top Bottom