My one year old has epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I wanted to introduce myself. My one year old daughter has epilepsy and has had seizures since birth. They are deeply routed and appear to be a focal tonic seizures. EEGs have been clear, but it's my understanding that deep routed seizures aren't always captured on an EEG. It wasn't until this last month that I was able to catch an extended episode on film, which prompted a repeat MRI which was abnormal. We are now waiting for the results of a PET scan so appropriate medication can be started.
I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Hi CallieMomma, welcome to CWE!

I hope you feel free to explore the forums here (including The Nursery) and make yourself at home.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom